300WSM 210 Berger?? COL??

Daves762

Is anyone loading the 210 Berger or 208 A-max in the 300 WSM??????

What is your COL?

Do you have a custom chamber?

What is the maximum bullet weight I can load for in the standard 300 WSM chamber??????

Thanks..

Dave

I am currently shooting the 208 gr amax out of my tikka t3
my col is 2.85 and they shoot great.

we tried them out of my friends short action remingtion it was a no go, to long for the magizine. Not to metion they would not chamber in the action.

Thanks Im trying to figure out if I need a custom throat or if I can press it into the case enough to use the standard chamber.....

I will get you the specs on my load soon but yes a 210 Berger shoots awesome from my factory rem 700 short SPS. I shot a 3/4inch three shot group @ 300 yds with this rifle while dialing it for hunting season. The mag length is too short for the coal of this load but a Wyatts box will allow mag use (didn't have time to install before the season). However one round fits in the top of the mag with the tip of the bullet laying slightly on the feed ramp, the bolt closes smoothly over the round and cycles perfectly.
My velocity is 2760fps and the 210 Berger has worked perfectly on one antelope doe at 540yds by me, one bull elk at 100yds by a friend and another at 440yds by another buddy of mine. I am growing more fond of this setup as the season unfolds. Hope this helps out and I will get the coal and other load specs for you shortly.

I will get you the specs on my load soon but yes a 210 Berger shoots awesome from my factory rem 700 short SPS. I shot a 3/4inch three shot group @ 300 yds with this rifle while dialing it for hunting season. The mag length is too short for the coal of this load but a Wyatts box will allow mag use (didn't have time to install before the season). However one round fits in the top of the mag with the tip of the bullet laying slightly on the feed ramp, the bolt closes smoothly over the round and cycles perfectly.
My velocity is 2760fps and the 210 Berger has worked perfectly on one antelope doe at 540yds by me, one bull elk at 100yds by a friend and another at 440yds by another buddy of mine. I am growing more fond of this setup as the season unfolds. Hope this helps out and I will get the coal and other load specs for you shortly.

much appreciated thank you

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.