2023 Montana deer

Winterkill results from many situations..
1...amount of snow...
2...travel corridors now blocked and can't escape bad snow levels...
3...freezing/thawing...destroys what nutrition there is in existing plants...animals guts can't handle the extreme loss of winter nutrition...
4...winter grounds...have been depleted by cultivating lands...
5...dangerous winter grounds..near busy roads and hwys...I have seen many elk splatters this year....it's ugly....

Many more situations cause winterkill..
Wolves..coyotes..shed hunters...
It all contributes......dead is dead....

Winterkill results from many situations..
1...amount of snow...
2...travel corridors now blocked and can't escape bad snow levels...
3...freezing/thawing...destroys what nutrition there is in existing plants...animals guts can't handle the extreme loss of winter nutrition...
4...winter grounds...have been depleted by cultivating lands...
5...dangerous winter grounds..near busy roads and hwys...I have seen many elk splatters this year....it's ugly....

Many more situations cause winterkill..
Wolves..coyotes..shed hunters...
It all contributes......dead is dead....
Correct but implying that because the middle of WY had a rough year that there will be high winter kill in the entire large state of MT makes zero sense. Neither does applying it to CO or ID or any other state. The OP asked a question and your response is not helpful. Do you have specific data to the entire state of MT? If so let's hear it.

I would love to but with only one point my draw odds are lower than I want in order to commit to this year.
If you have one currently when you put in buy another giving you two should draw with 2 pretty easy. I haven't looked at any numbers for this year to know for sure, but you should be good with 2

Well..MT winter has been severe....snow and wind....way worse than I've been in here about 2.5 hours from the border...
Just a bit closer than yourself....
I bet most MT people are hoping the Winterkill consist of people that have moved there recently vs the animals....

If you have one currently when you put in buy another giving you two should draw with 2 pretty easy. I haven't looked at any numbers for this year to know for sure, but you should be good with 2
You can't buy a point and then apply said point to the given year.

I see I was told wrong then I was under the impression Montana was special and allowed the purchase of a point before the draw.

Guess when it asks about buying a point it's just saying you want one if you don't draw? Like every other state I put in for😂

Well..MT winter has been severe....snow and wind....way worse than I've been in here about 2.5 hours from the border...
Just a bit closer than yourself....
I bet most MT people are hoping the Winterkill consist of people that have moved there recently vs the animals....
Pretty narrow minded. This assumes I don't travel and I know no one from the, again, large state of mt. The area I hunt(don't bother asking because I am not telling) has had a relatively mild winter. Having said that a few years ago when it had a rough winter we had no problem finding the same quality of bucks we see in good years.

I see I was told wrong then I was under the impression Montana was special and allowed the purchase of a point before the draw.

Guess when it asks about buying a point it's just saying you want one if you don't draw? Like every other state I put in for😂
Yes you can chose to buy the point at application time in the case where you don't draw.