1st Day out after a long wait

jackem

My much anticipated rebarrel+ on a NIB Rem 700P MLR in 338 LM finally returned home from Jered Joplin at American Precision Arms. A.P.A. did the following:

Rebarrel with a Broughton 9.3 twist barrel 28" plus the APA Fat Bastard brake
True the action, lug, and bolt
bed the action in HS Precision stock that came with the rifle
tune factory trigger
Flute the bolt and install APA knob
Bager 20 moa rail
APA scope rings
Cerakote all metal OD Green

I installed the NF 5.5-20, the Harris bipods, and the Triad stock pack with their Rd count book in the pouch.

Just before sunup I was set up and ready see the results of months of anticipation. It was on paper 2 inches out from POA at 50 yds from the bore site. Corrected that and went to 100 yards and worked through 25 rounds very slowly with multible cleanings and walks to the target for cooling time.

The last five I shot on the only clean target I had left. For this five shot string I started with a clean bore and barrel cool to the touch. And that Gents, is a $25 group.:rolleyes:

I do not have a reloading set up and bear season starts in a week so I'm going with factory ammo for the moment and starting my brass collection... lightbulb
Between the weight of the rifle, the factory recoil pad, and the FB brake the recoil is surprisingly light, more comfortable to shot than my 264 WM with no recoil pad.

Thanks for looking...Jack

Attachments

• IMAG0300.jpg
    IMAG0300.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG0310.jpg
    IMAG0310.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0311.jpg
    IMAG0311.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMAG0313.jpg
    IMAG0313.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMAG0315.jpg
    IMAG0315.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG0317.jpg
    IMAG0317.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 88
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts