1987 Honda XR600R Project

Tikkamike

I recently acquired an 87 XR600R that is a project bike. I am no small engine mechanic so I am going to have the motor and carbs gone through and rebuilt. You may be wondering why spend the money on an old heavy XR. I have had these things my whole Life. I started out on an XR80 then up to a XR100 then a XR500 and my whole family has had them (grandpa uncles cousins etc..) so its kind of a nostalgia thing I guess. I love the sound and the low end torque and the look of them. The one I got isnt honda red its the white one. But I am going to strip it down and change the color and buy new Plastics. I am going to gear it a little lower than stock and probably make it sort of a dual sport so that I can ride to where I want to go ride and dont always have to haul it.. Probably upgrade the suspension a little bit and call it good. Here it is as it sits in my garage right now. I will be taking it to the engine mechanic in the next week or 2 to get that part of the project under way. It should be ready to go by spring time.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.