Honda Fatcat

idcwby

Was wondering if anyone on here owns one, if so what oil have you been using in it? I got one not to long ago and need to change the oil and wasn't sure what was the best to use.

Thanks
idcwby

I like it for the same reasons you like the Fat Cat, probably. Rides low, stable, good racks available for carrying gear. Both are relatively light bikes, so they're pretty easy to tote on a hitch rack. The TWs have the advantage of newer/current production. So you get things like electric starting and street legal, if that's useful.

On the down side, it's still two wheels, so a lot less stable than four on rocky, rutted roads. I'm no champion bike rider.

I mainly use it if I'm hunting alone and I want to drop the bike at one possible exit location to give myself options.

I'm no big time bike rider either. I got mine so I could explore some new country faster than on horses. I don't have much use for it other than hunting or scouting. Still getting use to it. :confused:

Thanks for your input.

idcwby

I don't own a Fat Cat, but do own a couple of atvs and a 2 wheeler. I always use the manufacturers brand oil in bikes. I'm a Castrol fan in the grocery getters, but for something like a bike that only takes 2 quarts I just spend the extra and get their oil.

I've only seen a couple of Fat Cats since they came out new. But places like partzilla still have a few parts available for them.

I do the same with my Honda Pioneer, use the synthetic oil that Honda makes for them. The recommended oil in the owners manual that jebel linked for me is obsolete now and all I can find locally is synthetic oil that is designed for motorcycles. Going to have to make a trip to the dealer now.
idcwby

Good plan. I tried Castrol 4T in my Foreman and it just didn't seem to shift as smooth as the Honda oil. Could've all been in my head but I decided to go back to Honda oil.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.