195 tipped matchking

Calvin45

Cabelas had a good sale on 195 308" Tmk bullets today, with free shipping, so naturally I ordered a box. Planning to load them in my savage 111 300 win mag. Any experience with these bullets welcome and requested here. How are they regarding seating depth/distance to lands? How do they stack up accuracy wise in your experience? If anyone has used them for such, what's the terminal performance like? If anyone has a .300 win mag load for these please share!

I've used them in .308. Very good results. 5 shot ragged hole at 100. Had them out to 1800. Yeah they go sub but you just have to give them a little more lob! LOL

BW

They're fantastic accuracy wise. I load them magazine length in the my 308, so a lot of jump, but they're very accurate. I've shot them out to 1500 from an 11.25 twist too.
Haven't shot anything with them but targets...and dirt behind targets occasionally lol
This is 3 shots with the 195s
A0EA82E4-AFC7-44CA-8C0D-436F3167FE6A.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.