195 eol

harfman99

Hey I can't get any of these for my upcoming Colorado elk hunt. The round is a 7-300 norma improved. Rifle is a savage target 112 single with a 28" Oregon mountain barrel 5r 8 tw. What would be the next best thing you would use in the 185 to 195 class of bullet?

Thanks

Hey I can't get any of these for my upcoming Colorado elk hunt. The round is a 7-300 norma improved. Rifle is a savage target 112 single with a 28" Oregon mountain barrel 5r 8 tw. What would be the next best thing you would use in the 185 to 195 class of bullet?

Thanks
I sent you a pm. I have some 195's

I've been using this same cartridge for a long time. It was a little problematic at first but I solved the problems.

Unless you're getting exceptional accuracy from the 195 EOL, I would suggest either the 190 A-Tip or even better the Badlands 150 Super BD2.

I know, you'll object to using a 150 grain bullet because you think you need the performance of the 195s. Not true.

The Badlands will outperform anything that Berger can field. Your twist rate is perfect and I use one of three slower powders which burn cooler, thereby helping your throat.

https://badlandsprecision.com/product/284-150gr-bulldozer-2/

1693396276687.png

Enjoy the process!

:)

I've been using this same cartridge for a long time. It was a little problematic at first but I solved the problems.

Unless you're getting exceptional accuracy from the 195 EOL, I would suggest either the 190 A-Tip or even better the Badlands 150 Super BD2.

I know, you'll object to using a 150 grain bullet because you think you need the performance of the 195s. Not true.

The Badlands will outperform anything that Berger can field. Your twist rate is perfect and I use one of three slower powders which burn cooler, thereby helping your throat.

https://badlandsprecision.com/product/284-150gr-bulldozer-2/

View attachment 489945

Enjoy the process!

What velocity are you pushing the 150?

3350-3380 depending on the powder. This is a slightly lower pressure load so I'm not pushing it to the limit. There is room for another node higher up.

The powders I use are cooler burning so the velocities are a little slower but barrel life is a consideration. This can be a super high performer but barrel life will be shorter. The balance to achieve is the slower/cooler powders that will all burn in this barrel length.

This barrel is 28" + a Vias brake, 1:8.5 twist.