Berger 195 EOL Terminal Performance Video

Awesome! And nice buck
Between the 180 vld and 195 did you see any difference in terminal performance?
Thank you!!

The 195 seemed to penetrate a little further. Always made it to the offside hide. The 180 never show signs of making it near the offside hide.

Thank you!!

The 195 seemed to penetrate a little further. Always made it to the offside hide. The 180 never show signs of making it near the offside hide.
Thanks that's good feedback, I really love the accuracy I'm getting with the 195's but I haven't used them on game yet

Great info again, specially the comment about the hammers being consistently more accurate then the bergers. That surprised me a little.

I built a 20 inch 7 suam late last year to run suppressed for deer and a back up elk/muely rifle. I built it with the intentions of running 180 bergers and put together a decent load just prior to season and shot 3 wt does with it all at 200-225 yards. One was a pencil and the other two didn't pass through the 90 pound deer. The only reason I found the doe is she ran across a very long corn field then crossed a small creek and into a pasture which was been recently cleared with scattered oaks. Blood was minimal to say the least and she ran about 800 yards. Had she gone in the brush vs the open fields it's highly unlikely I would have found her.

The two that didn't pass through were bang flops.

Great info again, specially the comment about the hammers being consistently more accurate then the bergers. That surprised me a little.

I built a 20 inch 7 suam late last year to run suppressed for deer and a back up elk/muely rifle. I built it with the intentions of running 180 bergers and put together a decent load just prior to season and shot 3 wt does with it all at 200-225 yards. One was a pencil and the other two didn't pass through the 90 pound deer. The only reason I found the doe is she ran across a very long corn field then crossed a small creek and into a pasture which was been recently cleared with scattered oaks. Blood was minimal to say the least and she ran about 800 yards. Had she gone in the brush vs the open fields it's highly unlikely I would have found her.

The two that didn't pass through were bang flops.
Where was she hit?

Center of shoulder where achers call the deadly V, between ribs on entrance and centered a rib on exit. Additionally the exit hole was caliber sized with no splatter or tearing of skin which you'd expect to see on a mushrooming bullet.

Center of shoulder where achers call the deadly V, between ribs on entrance and centered a rib on exit. Additionally the exit hole was caliber sized with no splatter or tearing of skin which you'd expect to see on a mushrooming bullet.
Sounds like shot placement was spot on. Animal reaction, and autopsy sound like it penciled through. I saw the same results on my buddies bull last year with the 195/28 Nosler. Three well place shots to the sweet spot at 770. The bull didn`t even act like he was hit. Went about 100 yds on an open hillside, and piled up. I use Bergers exclusively and have never had in issues with them not expanding. I shoot mostly 25,30, and 338 though.