175gr Nosler Accubond Long Range & 7mm Rem Mag load data help

MAGA

Hey guys,

I recently picked up a box of the 175gr Nosler Accubond Long Range bullets. I checked Nosler's load date and they list R22 as their best powder to use for this particular load, but they don't list R25 (powder they have listed for the 168gr bullets).

I guess my question is, can I use R25 with these 175gr bullets? If so, what would be a good starting load and what would be its max in terms of grains of powder.

For instance, for the 168gr, they have R22 listed with 64.0gr of powder listed as the max.
With the 175gr bullets, they have R22 listed with 62.5gr of powder listed as max. As such, would the theoretical suggested max powder charge for the 175gr+R25 combo be 68.5gr to 69gr (the suggested max for the 168gr+R25 combo is 70.0gr)?

Pics of load data below:

PEVJ8XW.png

8eAbe83.png

I'd suggest starting at 64-65gr of RL25. Alliants lists 67gr as max for a 175gr bullet.

just an observation but h 1000 and reloder 25 have the same charge weights for the 168s same vel for the * accurate load I am not sure why the 168 load shows case holds 75 gr of water and 77gr for the 175 unless this is due to the difference in seating depths also different barrel manufactures stated I am pretty sure somewhere in the beginning of alliants online guide it says how much to reduce the loads listed as max to get a start load it is likely quite a bit lower than what you stated , I think that you could call them for advise on this too

just an observation but h 1000 and reloder 25 have the same charge weights for the 168s same vel for the * accurate load I am not sure why the 168 load shows case holds 75 gr of water and 77gr for the 175 unless this is due to the difference in seating depths also different barrel manufactures stated I am pretty sure somewhere in the beginning of alliants online guide it says how much to reduce the loads listed as max to get a start load it is likely quite a bit lower than what you stated , I think that you could call them for advise on this too

I'm fairly certain Nosler case capacities are what the internal volume is with different bullets seated. For example in 28Nosler a 120 gr lists a capacity of 95.9g capacity but a 175gr ABLR drops it down to 90gr.

I was pretty sure that had to be the case I was just trying to tell the Op to be careful as I had pressure before I expected it doing something similar to what he is thinking only I was using rl 26 and came up from 10% below and found max 2 grains before I expected too

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.