175g Hornady ELD-X loads for 7mm Rem mag

Has anyone tried RL-33 behind these 175 gr pills in their 7 RM yet? I've been considering giving it a go.

From Hornady tech support:

At this time we are using the data from our 9th ed. Loading manual for the 175 gr. Wt. bullets. H 1000 start is 53.8 gr. To a max of 60.4 gr. This would be with the ELD-X 175 gr.

Dont waste your money on this useless information! Unless you like detuning the crap out of your rifle.

Has anyone tried RL-33 behind these 175 gr pills in their 7 RM yet? I've been considering giving it a go.

I found RL33 to be almost too slow used with 195 EOL bullets. Had a pretty good accuracy node at 73 grains with those. I think it is too slow though for 175/180 class bullets.

RL26 and 180s provided great speed and velocity. I don't think H1000 is far behind in our rifles but RL26 is shining at the moment.

In case it has not been mentioned, I got much better speed without the pressure with Vit N570 versus Retumbo with 180s in a 7RM. It is probably between Retumbo and R33.

jjw
ND

I've been using RL 25 with 67.5 grains and a col of 3.29 and it groups well with a velocity of 2888. I'm going to try 68.5 grains to see if I can hit 2950 and still be accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.