162 Grain Match bullets?

samson

I need some help. I am trying to find some 162 grain (hornady bthp) for my 7mm Rem. Mag. I have a rifle that has a Redfield scope and range dots put on by Premier Reticle. The "problem" is that it was loaded at the time with the old hornady bthp match bullets. I cant fined them anywhere. I did find some 162 Amax but I believe that they have a different BC. Any help would be appreciated.

I shot the 162 HPBTs for several years. The BC was 0.625. They blew up at close range and failed to break bones at long range.

Whats it worth to you for me to get up and go and see if I still have any left? You should pay me not to go and look because they were the biggest disappointment of my shooting career. Accurate as all get out but totally worthless when they landed on an animal.

P.S.

I also shot those bullets with a Redfield scope on my rifle. Sold it recently but it pained me greatly to sell such a trusted old friend.

I appreciate the help. Since the scope is set for this bullet, how far off do you think that the 162 Amax would be. I think that the BC is .625.

I was shooting the match bullet back in the late 1970's at ranges out to 1300 yards but there was no such thing as a PC nor PDA. I do not have a clue as to what my drops were and I have never shot the A-Max. Sorry I am of no help on your real question.

Buffalobob,
If you do happen to find any leftovers, I would love to buy them. At least for a back up rifle. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts