156 Bergers or 150 Noslers in a short action PRC?

do not feel I have given anything up and the whole point of the prc is to be used a SA. If
It's true that many of the bullets we have available shoot just fine seated deep. I loaded the 147eldm , 143 eldx, 156 bergers in multiple guns and haven't seen the depth to be the big game changer on how they shoot.

Not a PRC, but I run both 129g and 142g ABLR in a 6.5x47 and a few 264WM's.
Awesome bullets on game.
I can't wait to get my hands on the 150g ABLR to try in my 8" twist 29" barrel.
Should be a real hammer.
I can't get Berger bullets, so setting this rifle up for the 156g EOL was a bit silly, but the throat still works for the other bullets anyway. Throat length is .220".

Cheers.

Both of my custom 65 PRCs were built on XM size actions by GAP as I only shoot 156s & 153.5s. The 156 with the bullet boattail/bearing surface junction at the case neck/shoulder junction will have a OAL ~ 3.1". Unless you are single feeding with a ~212 throat I would recommend a different bullet if efficiency matters.

What's the wind drift of the bigger bullets vs the 140's? That's my only concern or reason I'd go heavier. Is it even noticeable?
Say 15 mph cross wind at 500? I've got a 7.5 twist so I think I'm good in that area.

Good to know it'll fit the 2.950 length! Thanks guys!

Getting into LR I've basically had to go into rifle shooting admitting I know nothing. Putting what I do know (besides the fundamentals and even then I'm learning more). Not easy for a guy to admit he's uneducated in a particular thing.

I saw a lot of velocity loss going from the 140s to the 156s. So much so that the 140s get almost the same wind call with a flatter trajectory. Unless I wanted more mass in a bullet on impact, I don't plan to use the rest of what I have.
Awesome! I'll stick to the 140 VLDs I have and see how they do. Then maybe God willing I'll find some VLD hunters.

Another dumb newb question, how do the lower BCs on the 120 grain monos compare to the 140 gainers? Or do you make up for it in velocity?