Berger 156 in 6.5 PRC

While I don`t use either one of those powders with the 156 in my PRC. Broz and others have had outstanding performance with VV N565 as I recall.

Was able to pick up a box of 156gr to try and wondering what powder you guys recommend? I currently have N565 and RL26. Hornady brass.
Either one should work nicely But I think I would start with the 565
7207926A-94D7-43F9-83D2-23242AFA5CA1.png

I've been playing with 565. It'd very consistent, but not giving me the velocity other powders are. For the record this in multiple 300 PRC's. Whils I knock it I'm about to settle with a load with it because it's a shooter.

I've been playing with 565. It'd very consistent, but not giving me the velocity other powders are. For the record this in multiple 300 PRC's. Whils I knock it I'm about to settle with a load with it because it's a shooter.
I'm surprised about low velocities the 5 series are double base powders

Ya I'm not partial to anything but between h1000 and Retumbo I'm giving up about 100 fps HOWEVER, it's printing the best groups. I just want it all but accuracy is king in my book. Just an observation for consideration.

For the OP. I shoot RL25 in my 6.5 PRC because I can't find 26. I can't complain with a 140 @ 3050.

Ya I'm not partial to anything but between h1000 and Retumbo I'm giving up about 100 fps HOWEVER, it's printing the best groups. I just want it all but accuracy is king in my book. Just an observation for consideration.

For the OP. I shoot RL25 in my 6.5 PRC because I can't find 26. I can't complain with a 140 @ 3050.
Hows temp stability with the RL?

If you are looking for scientific numbers I'll have to pass to someone who has gone more in depth. I have not had any issues between 30-80 F and put a buck down at 522 closer to the bottom of that range. However, I will get stiff bolt in the 90+ range occasionally. I have been running that load for 3 years and overall I am very happy and it's very accurate.

*based on 338 dude, problem addressed with RL.

If you are looking for scientific numbers I'll have to pass to someone who has gone more in depth. I have not had any issues between 30-80 F and put a buck down at 522 closer to the bottom of that range. However, I will get stiff bolt in the 90+ range occasionally. I have been running that load for 3 years and overall I am very happy and it's very accurate.
Was just curious. Thanks.