155 Lapua And Deer

RiverRat

I have a load using a 155 Lapua from a 300 WSM that shoots very well at 3273 avg. fps. Has any of the forum members used this bullet on deer out 600 yards. The ballistic programs says it is still hitting with plenty of energy at that distance and beyond. I was just curious to see what real world performance is on deer size game is like. I am considering use this load in the bean and corn fields of western Kentucy this fall.

I tested the .308 155 Lapua Scenar on hogs in Texas...worked fine..similar to a MatchKing.

The .308 155 Lapua Scenar has the same BC as the .308 175 Sierra MatchKing and apparently as a result of this bullet shape and lighter weight. It has a LARGE empty area under the ogive...this seemingly makes it prone to seater marks and also may effect terminal performance a bit (rapid collapse). I have hundreds of these bullets and really like the way they shoot...I'd not hesitiate to shoot deer with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.