131 grain hammer hunter load development for my 6.5 PRC

JAYgs8163

I'm looking for some load data on the 131 Hammer Hunter for my 6.5 PRC. 22" proof 7.5 twist barrel. I have ADG brass and Hornady as well. CCI LRP in both regular and magnum. Powder options available to me are RL26, H1000, Retumbo, IMR8133, H4831SC, and H4350. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to the Hammer line of bullets so any other feedback as well would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe

F8C4F33A-3F48-4A84-A1A0-084120BA5894.jpeg
A3CF671D-125F-4765-B725-869654A11481.jpeg

Have you asked Steve from Hammer bullets? He is a wealth of knowledge about his own products and has been very helpful in pointing me in a direction on powder and load data! Just call him up or send him a PM on here and he'll respond. I can't help you with the 6.5, I'm just starting playing with 7mm rem mag and was where you are at until I called him.

From previous posts by Steve (Hammer bullets) I believe he recommends starting with data from the Nosler manual or website of like-weight bullets & working up from there. I also believe they have found that the faster burning powders (of the ones appropriate for your cartridge) usually give the best results. Perhaps he'll see this post and chime in.

I have the same barrel on a tikka. My load for the 131hh and rl26 was 58grains with fed 215 and adg brass. They were 3080fps. I went all the way to 59grains but it was differently hot at 3159 FPS. You should be able to use the same amount of h1000 and maybe up to 60g of retumbo. I would definitely start 2 grains or so below all these numbers and work up.

Have you asked Steve from Hammer bullets? He is a wealth of knowledge about his own products and has been very helpful in pointing me in a direction on powder and load data! Just call him up or send him a PM on here and he'll respond. I can't help you with the 6.5, I'm just starting playing with 7mm rem mag and was where you are at until I called him.
I joined their forum today and posted on it. Waiting to hear from him. Thanks

I have the same barrel on a tikka. My load for the 131hh and rl26 was 58grains with fed 215 and adg brass. They were 3080fps. I went all the way to 59grains but it was differently hot at 3159 FPS. You should be able to use the same amount of h1000 and maybe up to 60g of retumbo. I would definitely start 2 grains or so below all these numbers and work up.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

127 LRX in my 6.5 PRC
60G RL25
WLRM primer
ADG Brass
OAL 2.905
20" BBL
3090 FPS
**Pressure signs &Flat Primers I would not go any higher on powder charge
I do not know the length difference between the hammer and the LRX but I would probably back of 2 grains and start there
or use 142 grain data to start

No load help, but congrats on the unit 10 Pronghorn hunt! I had that tag three years ago, and it was a really fun hunt to break in my new 6.5-280AI. Holler if I can help with any info.... burned lots of fuel up there scouting, and would be happy to share.
I'll take you up in that info. Feel free to PM me any access points you recommend or areas to focus on. I appreciate your generous offer! It's a hard tag to draw for sure.