129 ABLR consistent accuracy?

DJ Fergus

Can anyone tell me if the 129 ABLR is less finicky than the other ABLRs. I've tried them in other calibers and always went back to ELD-Ms or Berger's. I have some and thought about loading them up for a Friend. I've heard a few local guys rave over the accuracy of the 129 ABLR. I just don't know if I want to invest any time into them when I have 140 Berger's & ELD-Ms available.

I have found every ablr to be finicky I have made them shoot great just not worth all the components needed to get there I also know some people that swear by them I just swear at them
You statement exactly describes my experience. I know folks who swear by them also. I just thought the 129 might be "the one" that soared over all the other ABLRs. Components & time is scare for me right now. I just don't want to use up either of those when I have other bullets that I have more faith in.

Don't try and jam them or kiss.
I found nearly all of the ABLR to like a jump.
The 210g likes .020", the 129g likes .030" and the 142g likes .035".
The 265g likes .050".
Still working on the 168g in my 7STW, but looks promising at .040" and .025" so far, still on the fence.

Cheers.

Yeah....i think there distinct differences in all of our reloading techniques and final result...
I load 142lrab for 65284...achieving 2950'+ is no problem.. .05 jump..not a one hole load..
a buddy runs the same at 2890'...shooting holes out...jammed....
Gotta figure out what ya want...
Accuracy...
Speed...
Or speed and accuracy....

Recent Posts