Consistent first round flier

It sounds like it needs to be glass bedded. That was the issue with a couple of my rifles. Bedding is not just for clearance. It also keeps things from moving where the action meets the stock. You should first make sure the action screws are torqued to factory inch lbs. that could solve it. If not, I would have a gunsmith track your scope to eliminate that possibility (giving it a bump on the stock to resemble recoil. If that isn't the problem, I would have him bed the action. Should cost about $100. Well worth it if you plan to shoot a lot with this rifle.
I torqued the front and rear screws to 45 in/lbs. It might not be correct, just what I've read for a laminate stock. I bedded it myself after the issue started and it did not help. I'm no gunsmith, just wanted to try it myself. I'll see about having it professionally done

I had a rifle that was super sensitive as to the cleanliness of the bolt face & the mating surface itself. Took a while to figure that one out.
Last time I looked at the boltface it did look a little dirty, I'll try cleaning the entire bolt really well and see if that helps. Thanks!

Just a silly thought. Did you take down the bolt and clean the pin and spring? May have grit in the bolt.
I hate to sound dumb, but no I haven't did that, bolt did look a little dirty but it didn't even cross my mind to give it a good cleaning. That'll be the first thing I try on my next day off. Thank ya!

So you're saying keep my thumb on trigger hand wrapped around the stock, or not wrapped around stock? I'm no expert marksman, or even close to one lol. This stock is a thumbhole if that makes a difference
Not wrapped around.

I always shoot rifles as close to a hunting "hold" as possible. I always use a sling when hunting (shooting time). Even when sitting in a blind.

I torqued the front and rear screws to 45 in/lbs. It might not be correct, just what I've read for a laminate stock. I bedded it myself after the issue started and it did not help. I'm no gunsmith, just wanted to try it myself. I'll see about having it professionally done
It is possible to have a bedding job go south with the barreled action canted right or left (ask me how I know). BTW, are the screws contacting any part of the stock or bedding? In other words, is there any binding or does it feel different (when tightening) at 3 o'clock vs. 9 o'clock?

Thunder,
My personal opinion based on my experience with the exact same rifle.....rings and bases. Mostly bases I believe. I used the ones that came with my to begin with and it shot good for a bit then started getting fliers. Long story short...I ended up changing scope bases and problem went away.
Now, the erratic speeds....I still haven't completely eliminated that. Got considerably better when I changed primers and went to 1680 powder but still not great ES.
I absolutely love that rifle.... awesome for prairie dogs when the wind isn't bad.
Where in WV are you, I live there too.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Scooter

Lesson time (not to you SO):

NEVER go hunting with or shoot a match with a CCB.
Oh totally.. 10 rounds of practice/checking zero before courses/hunting/matches .. the other point that stood out in video, is that he says use the same cleaners, same methods all the time.. good info

Not sure if you saw the movie Jack Reacher, but the final scene with Robert Duval perched at the top of the rock quarry, he shoots away the first shot from the rifle, into the air, then he starts shooting bad guys. I realize a sniper cannot do this, but in this scene it made sense.. But the lesson is you need to know where that first shot will go.

How often do you think military snipers clean their barrels while setting in a hide with80 or more pieces of fired brass laying around them. I worked in a government facility that trained first responders how to handle mass cal events. Many we're ex military and police snipers. I'd pick their brains about stuff as you are discussing. Most said to let your rifle tell you when it needs cleaning. Meaning the barrel that is. Most said in the neighborhood of 200 rounds or whenever it started having the group's open up.I have a couple of rifles that's about 60 rounds a CZ 550 at about 140. All I do is pull a bore snake through with some powder solvent on it till the rifle tells me otherwise , then its serious cleaning and start over. Shoot about20 rounds through it the see what it does.
^THIS