123 Hammers in a Creed

I've loaded these in two rilfes.
One in my dads creed one in mine.
Just did my pressure today. Got to 3100fps out of my 22"
I also load to mag light on mine then seat bullet a bit deeper so my case neck is in between ribs. Then crimp with lee collet.
I've found that if I crimp on the rib I get movement sometimes. Especially with n my ar. Crimp in between all good and very consistent.
Here is the final load for my dads at 400 yards.

Attachments

• 4DFB9BBA-6E45-44D4-8D34-B30E2BA293EF.jpeg
    4DFB9BBA-6E45-44D4-8D34-B30E2BA293EF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
I've loaded these in two rilfes.
One in my dads creed one in mine.
Just did my pressure today. Got to 3100fps out of my 22"
I also load to mag light on mine then seat bullet a bit deeper so my case neck is in between ribs. Then crimp with lee collet.
I've found that if I crimp on the rib I get movement sometimes. Especially with n my ar. Crimp in between all good and very consistent.
Here is the final load for my dads at 400 yards.
That's awesome

I seated them to 2.800. They didn't like Varget much but H4895 took 12 rounds to get a sub half moa load at 3030 FPS.
I had great luck with varget.
Hornady cases, large rifle magnum primers.
Got 3080fps with zero pressure.
I got to the pressure over 3160. I found out after that I could go to a non mag primer and reduce the pressure and get more powder and speed but the first load shot so great I stuck with it as you can tell by the picture.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I use a extremely slick neck lube. I was getting hang fires at first even with .004 neck tension. I had to crimp to alleviate the hang fires. Never gotten hang fires in this rifle with any other bullet. Must be do to the reduced diameter and the slick neck lube.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I use a extremely slick neck lube. I was getting hang fires at first even with .004 neck tension. I had to crimp to alleviate the hang fires. Never gotten hang fires in this rifle with any other bullet. Must be do to the reduced diameter and the slick neck lube.
That shouldn't have anything too do with a hang fire unless your contaminating the powder or primer with lube .

Please explain , I would like too hear how what you posted would cause a hang fire . The Hammer bullets are .264 in 6.5 cal , but even if they were smaller in diameter ,how could that cause a hang fire ?
Please explain , I would like too hear how what you posted would cause a hang fire . The Hammer bullets are .264 in 6.5 cal , but even if they were smaller in diameter ,how could that cause a hang fire ?
No offense intended we are here too help fellow LRH members if your having hang fire problems , make a new post and I promise you will understand what causes a hang fire before the day is over . We all had too learn certain reloading techniques as we progressed in reloading . Reloading can be very rewarding but also dangerous . I have never had a hang fire ,but too me that could be very dangerous and if you are doing something in your reloading techniques you need too correct it . You stated the Hammer 123 gr absolute was the bullet that caused hang fires because of the reduced diameter . I think what you have done is you have set the shoulder too far back with the sizing die , and being the hammer has less bearing surface when the firing pin hits the primer it is driving the cartridge forward in the chamber . With the other bullets your contacting the lands holding the cartridge in place getting a good firing pin strike . Be careful go back and recheck everything any questions post and ask .

No offense intended we are here too help fellow LRH members if your having hang fire problems , make a new post and I promise you will understand what causes a hang fire before the day is over . We all had too learn certain reloading techniques as we progressed in reloading . Reloading can be very rewarding but also dangerous . I have never had a hang fire ,but too me that could be very dangerous and if you are doing something in your reloading techniques you need too correct it . You stated the Hammer 123 gr absolute was the bullet that caused hang fires because of the reduced diameter . I think what you have done is you have set the shoulder too far back with the sizing die , and being the hammer has less bearing surface when the firing pin hits the primer it is driving the cartridge forward in the chamber . With the other bullets your contacting the lands holding the cartridge in place getting a good firing pin strike . Be careful go back and recheck everything any questions post and ask .
My guess was it's the limited bearing surface in the neck between the smaller diameter and drive bands on the absolutes. The primer strike causing the bullet to slide down the neck due to the slick neck lube and limited contact in the neck. I have foulers loaded with 130 Norma Diamond bullets. These bullets are jumping nearly .300. I have never gotten a hang fire with these or 156 Bergers (jumping .010) with identical loading procedures in this rifle. I always measure shoulder bump and measure every case. I also shot several thousand rounds with a Creedmoor tactical rifle in competitions and never got a hang fire in that rifle. All I know is when I shot this gun with no neck lube (considerable difference in seating force when loading) or with neck lube and a crimp I got no more hang fires. I'm definitely open to any suggestions.

My guess was it's the limited bearing surface in the neck between the smaller diameter and drive bands on the absolutes. The primer strike causing the bullet to slide down the neck due to the slick neck lube and limited contact in the neck. I have foulers loaded with 130 Norma Diamond bullets. These bullets are jumping nearly .300. I have never gotten a hang fire with these or 156 Bergers (jumping .010) with identical loading procedures in this rifle. I always measure shoulder bump and measure every case. I also shot several thousand rounds with a Creedmoor tactical rifle in competitions and never got a hang fire in that rifle. All I know is when I shot this gun with no neck lube (considerable difference in seating force when loading) or with neck lube and a crimp I got no more hang fires. I'm definitely open to any suggestions.
If you had a lot of force seating the bullet , chances are you are setting the shoulder back creating excessive headspace . When the firing pin strikes the primer the case is moving forward in the chamber not allowing a normal firing pin strike . Personally I don't lube the inside of my necks I fireform too my chamber and neck back down with a bushing without the expander , I make one pass thru the neck with a nylon brush and leave any existing residue from the fired round as a natural lube , did I ansewer your question or am I missing something.

The cases that had increased seating force because of no neck lube didn't hang fire. Those and the ones that were crimped.

The cases that had increased seating force because of no neck lube didn't hang fire. Those and the ones that were crimped.
The only logical explanation in that case is the bullet with lube on it contaminated the powder too some extent . The crimp or the lack of neck tension should not have any thing too do with a hang fire. I can't come up with anything that would support that being a cause of a hang fire . Think about what your saying ,if the lube gets in contact with the primer or powder that would be your problem , not lack of neck tension , crimp or a slick neck. Bench rest shooters used too seat by hand and jamb into the lands with virtually no neck tension.