1200 yard groups..

DoubleGobble00

Lomaxmsu78 and I went and shot some yesterday. I managed to shoot one groups at 800 yards and 1000 yards. Then we moved back to 1200 yards and shot three groups. The mirage was rough at first but my last 1200 yard groups the mirage was gone. I was a lot of fun.. Maybe next time we will move on back to 1600 yards [8D]

Lomaxmsu78 lining up the shot. Notice the power poles... The power poles are 189 yards part. The target is a little past the 6th power pole.
LRshoot20.jpg

800 Yard group (nothing to write home about.. I was just glad to be on the board)
800yards.jpg

1000 Yard group (I shot five.. Not sure what happened to the fifth one)
1000yards.jpg

1200 Yards groups. (I was on the board with the first dial... then move my MOA the following two times to dial in on it.)
1200yards1.jpg

1200yards2.jpg

I felt the best about this group when shooting it. It turned out pretty good.
1200yards3.jpg

DoubleG

Good shooting cuz.....got a little vertical but getting there. Which rifle was that ? When are you and Lomax gonna let me come play?

Thanks Eddybo! I was using my 6.5x47 Lapua. I still need to work on the load a little bit. It is not quite there yet. I did get a Wilson trimmer and trimmed them all to the same length and got a VLD deburring tool for the necks. I think that helped a little. We will try those Wilson dies next time I am down to see if that helps.

I got a bullet comparator also from Sinclairs. I measured about 15 rounds and they varied by .001 to .004 in OAL length. I thought that might be causing some of my vertical but it could just be the load.

You can come play anytime. It is Scotts place but he shoots several times a week there. We better get together quick tho. Once hunting season gets here we can't shoot there anymore till it closes. Lets plan a Saturday! We can get 1600 easy....

Btw, are you shooting Saturday F-Class. I plan to be there. I believe Scott is going also.

DoubleG

I am not going to make it to f-class. We have a benchrest match in St. Bernard Sunday. I do not have the time or energy to get ready for both.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.