12 gauge gas operated suggestion’s

birddog 68

As the title says I'm looking for a new shotgun. I will be using it for sporting clays and some upland bird use so no need for 3.5" shells.I have recoil operated guns but for this application I am going with gas to cut on the recoil. The gun must come with or be able to shim for fit unlike my sx4 that is getting sold/trade. I prefer a 26" barrel and must have choke tubes with or available. I would like to stay under $1200. Thanks for your suggestions

As the title says I'm looking for a new shotgun. I will be using it for sporting clays and some upland bird use so no need for 3.5" shells.I have recoil operated guns but for this application I am going with gas to cut on the recoil. The gun must come with or be able to shim for fit unlike my sx4 that is getting sold/trade. I prefer a 26" barrel and must have choke tubes with or available. I would like to stay under $1200. Thanks for your suggestions
The first one that comes to my mind with that use and adjustability in mind is the berreta a400. The a300 isnt bad but is not in the same class. But they are a little above your budget.

The first one that comes to my mind with that use and adjustability in mind is the berreta a400. The a300 isnt bad but is not in the same class. But they are a little above your budget.
After looking online after starting this thread I realized I was going to have to bump up my budget. I will look into both models that you listed. Do you have the a400? And is the difference between the two models appearance only? Thanks

After looking online after starting this thread I realized I was going to have to bump up my budget. I will look into both models that you listed. Do you have the a400? And is the difference between the two models appearance only? Thanks
I dont personally shoot one yet but my next duck gun will likely be the a400 extreme plus. I currently have the versamax waterfowl pro and a sbe2. My son and dad both shoot the a400. My son has the unico one while my dad shoots the extreme plus. Both have been very reliable and shoot well. The a300 doesn't feel as high of quality as the a400 and I'm not sure it is adjustable as easy. There are a lot of different a400 options and configurations, I think there may even be an upland type option.

I'll second the A400. I use the 1301 Competition (same action but 3" chamber) for 3 gun, trap and clays and it's fantastic, super light recoiling and incredibly fast. With the kick off if you can afford it, the A400 would be ideal.

Unfortunately the sx4 doesn't come with shim's and aren't available aftermarket. I like the gun but it needs adjusting to fit me to where I can actually hit something. Not sure why the cast is so far off compared to other brands I have owned?

I haven't researched recently but my shortlist to look into further would be:
Fabarm
Browning
Beretta
I would throw in Winchester (SX2 and SX3) and Rem 1100, 11-87, V3, Versamax, as well if you are going used. I heard the SX4 trigger was awful and generally less impressive than the SX3.

Again, do some homework, I haven't looked Ina while and problems could have arisen or been resolved since my last exploration.

For the money, I think you get more from Fabarm than Beretta.

Just my $.02

I haven't researched recently but my shortlist to look into further would be:
Fabarm
Browning
Beretta
I would throw in Winchester (SX2 and SX3) and Rem 1100, 11-87, V3, Versamax, as well if you are going used. I heard the SX4 trigger was awful and generally less impressive than the SX3.

Again, do some homework, I haven't looked Ina while and problems could have arisen or been resolved since my last exploration.

For the money, I think you get more from Fabarm than Beretta.

Just my $.02
I will look into Fabarm and browning along with the beretta.
I currently have a sx4 and the trigger isn't bad but it doesn't fit with the cast the stock has and no shim's available. So no more Winchester shotguns for me! It's going to be traded in

Slightly over $1200 but after my beloved 1100 & V3 I'm now completely sold on my Renegauge. Slightly shy of 1000 rounds now with zero hiccups.