10mm handgun

@memtb,
I agree that just setting up and calling doesn't involve much "hunting", when you are trying to take one particular coyote because it's the one doing the killing on a ranch, you are truly "hunting". 😁
Tracking that particular animal, sometimes for miles, to find its den can take days or weeks.
It becomes an obsession…😁
If you're successful, even if it's a mangy, flea and tick covered old dog, it's still a trophy!

Ed

Ed, now that's truly hunting! Perhaps something else other than my AI might be a better choice for that…..maybe my 6.5-284. Of course, I'd have to find it first!……it's been in hiding for a while! 😉 memtb

Ed, now that's truly hunting! Perhaps something else other than my AI might be a better choice for that…..maybe my 6.5-284. Of course, I'd have to find it first!……it's been in hiding for a while! 😉 memtb
Well, beware the man with one gun - but pity him too! I'm blessed to have a number of firearms to enjoy. It's like golfing, gotta use the right 'club'. 223 or 6.5 Grendel are my choices for song dogs and all of my firearms deserve some love. Safe queens are just neglected guns IMO.

Well, beware the man with one gun - but pity him too! I'm blessed to have a number of firearms to enjoy. It's like golfing, gotta use the right 'club'. 223 or 6.5 Grendel are my choices for song dogs and all of my firearms deserve some love. Safe queens are just neglected guns IMO.
I wish I could hit my long irons as good as I shoot long guns…..🤣 if I shot like I hit a 3 iron I'd only own pistols and shotguns

Kg, I wish were good with that one gun…..so I guess that it's just pity that I get! 😉

Too much to do, components too hard to get and too expensive, plus I'm really cheap!

Hopefully, components will become more accessible and less expensive and my heirs will get some use from them. If nothing else, maybe they can finance a trip to McDonald's or something! memtb

I have three rifles and one shotgun that are my primary predator control tools.
I have an AR15 in .223 Wylde for "short range", a fast twist .243Win for intermediate work, and a 6.5x280AI for long range work.
My Benelli M2 is for up close and personal thick brush stuff.
I also carry a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt for snakes and rude feral pigs in the brush.😁

Ed

I have three rifles and one shotgun that are my primary predator control tools.
I have an AR15 in .223 Wylde for "short range", a fast twist .243Win for intermediate work, and a 6.5x280AI for long range work.
My Benelli M2 is for up close and personal thick brush stuff.
I also carry a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt for snakes and rude feral pigs in the brush.😁

Ed
A predator/varmint arsenal. Perfect!

One gun…. 🤦‍♂️😂

One these in griz country while fishing or hunting might be handy. View attachment 562786
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just wondering how well it would really work with high preformace slugs and a charging Bear... where I would think that shot placement is a major factor. Has anyone here ever shot one of those shotguns using slugs in it, you know; quickly like in a bear charge situation to see what the accuracy potential really is like? Just a random thought... Cheers

After ad nauseam number of threads on pistoleers with charging bears, has anyone truly thought out typical circumstances of a griz charge?

Open area? Use rifle. Done

In tight dense areas where nobody wants to be with a griz? Griz can accelerate to 40mph easily. Visually do you have 20yds? 30yds? 40yds?

Bear runs close to 60fps (20yds per sec).

If you do not have pistol out, interpret whats happening, draw and shoot in 1-2 seconds?

Good luck. JMO

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just wondering how well it would really work with high preformace slugs and a charging Bear... where I would think that shot placement is a major factor. Has anyone here ever shot one of those shotguns using slugs in it, you know; quickly like in a bear charge situation to see what the accuracy potential really is like? Just a random thought... Cheers
How do you aim it or just wait until it's clos3 enough to shoot from the hip. I actually posted to kinda funny . I guess.