10mm handgun

FN510 no question. For brown nasty furballs, comes with a 22 and 15 rd mag. They handle and shoot well.
Absofricken true!!!

I "ONLY" offered the 10 mm as the OP asked about a 10mm. As a personal side note: I wouldn't want one as a gift…..but, that's just me! memtb
Agreed. However, numerous friends and acquaintances that guide/hunt regularly in AK, Yukon and BC have all switched to a 10mm. I've asked a bunch of them if they like it better than a .44mag, Casull, 460, 500, etc. Without an exception, they all said no, but I **** sure prefer 15 or more rds to just 5 or 6. I asked if they thought they could get more rds off with an auto, couple said they didn't know but felt so, couple said if it ever gets to that, clean your black suit, and a couple said they practice with it a lot and were sure they would get at least twice the hits compared to a revolver. Many said your hit rate on one charging if your very lucky is 40% and more likely 20 to 33% is pretty good. So, would you rather have 1 or 2 hits from a 460 or 500smith or 4-6 from a 10mm? I'll take the 10 everytime. I have several big bores, just limited rounds and heavy as hell. It just makes for common sense, all those big bores provide so much recoil that getting back on target for 2 out of 5 or 2 of 6 is probably the very best you will get. Most of them carry a rifle as well (.375, .416s and up as well as a lot with 45-70 guide guns) and said if they have to use the pistol it is really bad and you are gonna be shooting Mr or Ms Brown or White from arms reach then, and 15+ vs 5 or 6 will make a huge difference.

The Glock grip angle is meant to mitigate recoil and it does that.But you are correct as it is a learning curve!Once learned there is no problem.Have owned many Glocks but never used one in a high stress situation.
My brother worked on the North Slope in Alaska for around 3 years in oil field and had friends that guided hunts up there.One shot at a grizz all 6 shots and the bear kept coming.NOW that is a high stress situation!The bear eventually died but not before damaging his right arm and ripping a part of his chest almost off.He went back to work 3 years later but in advisery status.
No thank on 6 shot revolvers,(I own several)I'll take my 15 rounds of 10 mm 200 or 220 gr hard cast.

I have a semi-custom G20 and I think it is very comfortable to shoot (for me) and is accurate. Like all firearms, it just depends what is comfortable and works for you. Lots of good options…

Attachments

• IMG_4106.jpeg
    IMG_4106.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 14
I'll agree with Glocks innovation of the striker fired ignition, trigger safety and polymer frame, but will stop at that.

The Elephant in the room, grip angle. Glock neglected a fairly universal grip angle that was an unspoken standard across all nations firearms (1911, browning hipower, CZ75, Sigs, Walther's, S&W, most revolvers, etc.). All that muscle memory put to waste. Take an experienced shooter (non-Glock), hand them a Glock for the first time and they'll shoot over your head in a high stress situation. Fast forward to your backwoods hunt, here comes the bear, you draw your Glock and where do the bullets go?

Regarding 10mm, 15+ rounds at the ready versus 6 rounds and a slower reload just feels like a better option.
Yer right about grip angle….thank God Glock finally corrected it….hand a Glock to an experienced shooter and within 2 magazines of ammo they're hitting everything as easily as pointing their index finger at it….at double speed.

I bought the Glock 20 10 mm a couple of years ago to carry as a back up in bear/cougar country. I have the Kenai chest rig, which is great on many levels.
I carry the 220 grain hardcast by Underwood.
I love my big bore Ruger revolvers , but the round count, weight and reliability of the 10mm G20 makes it the one I usually carry.
I get a fair amount of Range time to stay proficient.

As long as he doesn't get your neck 😳 I forgot. Two of my Az. buddies there carry pistols while bow hunting. One had a sow black bear that had a cub climb tree up to beneath the stand and swat at him a hissed like a mtn. lion. He sent me the video. He had just switched from 9mm and bought a 10mm. Heck a 22 at that range... I've bow hunted deer and elk there many times since 1988 and never thought about carrying a pistol at the time. Wasn't legal until what, about 2008 or so ? I don't remember. Now I'd be wearing a shoulder holster if it didn't interfere with bow. If so on the hip. I bowhunted elk mostly in 5BN 9 times and deer on the Kiabab 12A every year until it went to a draw for archery also. I've only drawn rifle elk in 2010 and 2022. Rifle deer 3 times. Drew 12B late in 2001. An awesome hunt. Now you can't draw 5BN, 5BS or 6A archery elk even with 15 points or more. I'm just rambling as usual 🙄
I helped my buddy this last Sept on his elk hunt in 5BN. The group of four had 8 points. Archery elk has become a difficult endeavor for sure. We were full time RV and camped off Willard Springs in 6A and always loved sitting there in the middle of all the bugling. Drove my pup nuts though. I just archery hunt deer up north and on the rim in the early season, and hoping to go south this next late season.
I've been threatening to buy land in WY and move my residency. WY and AK are a dream to me, but the wife wants to be near the kids. Ugh.

I'm running pretty much the same load with my 10mm (smith m&p2 4.6"bbl.)... #9 with a 200 rcbs... The only difference is with my alloy she seems full throttle by 11.2 grains. I haven't chrono'd it but I suspect it's already over 1100 fps. I'm running starline brass with regular lp primers. I did have to put a 24# spring in it to calm the pistol down a bit on cycling.
I put a Galloway 24# spring in mine and it helped keep the brass within 10' finding/reloading distance. My NOE 200 WFN-GC bullets weigh 202 grains lubed/checked. I have them seated at 1.255" which causes them to headspace with the bullets just touching the lands, but they function fine. My load with them is less than 12 grains to achieve the same velocity with the HAP bullets loaded with 12.5 grains of AA9.

Weird how the "no-fitty fellas" tend to be so much more sophisticated handgunners than us ordinary mortals …..and most of the "no-fitties" I observe are mediocre at best with any handgun…
You must so proud of your son's ability to correct this rare "no-fitty" affliction.
Obviously a Libturd there.....no sense of humotr ability to discern such.....RIP Lefty....

Weird how the "no-fitty fellas" tend to be so much more sophisticated handgunners than us ordinary mortals …..and most of the "no-fitties" I observe are mediocre at best with any handgun…
You must so proud of your son's ability to correct this rare "no-fitty" affliction.
Seems you've taken offense at a joke. You know, there are plenty of brands of decaffeinated coffee on the market that taste just as good as regular coffee. ;)

I have seen plenty of people who cannot reach the trigger of a Glock 20 without assuming a terrible grip where they rotate their hand toward the trigger in order to reach it, which in turn moves the backstrap of the gun out of the web of the hand (where it belongs) and puts it where it whacks them right in their "thumb knuckle". A couple of these folks have been determined to make it work, and shot it so much it has caused permanent damage and soreness to said knuckle, and now find it painful to shoot even a pistol that does fit them.

To say that a Glock fits everyone, is just as accurate as saying my wife's jeans will fit anyone.

BTW she's 5'3" 125 lbs, has tiny hands. The "universal fits everyone" Grock doesn't fit her, and I don't reckon her jeans would fit you.

Yeah I like my P365X quite a bit, that's the one I carry daily. MY XDm is a little slippery for my liking, especially as a bear gun.
Look into Talon grips. All sorts of different textures from mild to aggressive. I have them on my XDm and they are fantastic! I agree the older XD/XDm grips are a little slick. The gun runs like a champ though!

I'm a big 45 acp 1911 fan and collector. The Kimber was a investment I picked up at a show couple years age , I've come to like it and shoot it on occasion but it's not my favorite
My dad didn't talk much about the Korean war unless he was drinking and thats when he said he saw an enemy soldier get pushed backwards with a 45 acp round.He had a lot of respect for the old but goody 45 acp.I do too.
Glad to see some love for the old caliber