1000yrd 30.cal bullet?

Franklin

What would you guys shoot?

168 vld @ mv3050
190 vld @ mv2850

I've read that some bullets start to tumble at certain ranges. Does weight and b.c have anything to do with this? On a ballistic program, there isn't much difference between the two at a 1000yrds other than energy.

On the program is one thing in real world conditions is a complete other ,I personaly would shoot the 190's.

some bullet will tumble when the go subsonic but I believe this has more to do with RPM than bullet speed.

The bullets w/ the bad rap for tumbling and such are 168gr SMKs... which have a different angle to the boat tail as they were designed with 300m shooting in mind some 30-40 (or more) years ago. The 168gr VLD should be fine. I've never ran one that fast, but you should be good to go either way.

the cartridge would be my deciding factor. if it was a 308, i'd use the 168's. if you're shooting a saum, then i'd go with the 190's. wasn't clear if you were impling a 300saum or not.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts