1000+ yd ranges in east TN?

jb1023

I am possibly moving to E. TN, Knoxville area, and wanted to see if there were any ranges/clubs that had long range capabilities? I'm in CO and the range I belong to goes to 2500yds, 1760 is as far back as I've gone but most of my time is spent in the 100-1000yd ranges. The ability to shoot to a mile+ is cool and all, but I'm really just hoping to find a place that has 1000yd range.

I am possibly moving to E. TN, Knoxville area, and wanted to see if there were any ranges/clubs that had long range capabilities? I'm in CO and the range I belong to goes to 2500yds, 1760 is as far back as I've gone but most of my time is spent in the 100-1000yd ranges. The ability to shoot to a mile+ is cool and all, but I'm really just hoping to find a place that has 1000yd range.
Closest to you I have found two hours west

Closest to you I have found two hours west

Thank you, that is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm good with a bit of a drive. My current long distance range is a bit over an hour away.

^^^^^Dead Zero is an awesome range.

Not a big wind range most of the time, it's very well protected, it can get tricky. The flags are liars, reading the mirage seems to be the best option....when it's available.

This one sounds a lot like my current range. Can't tell from the Dead Zone page if the lanes are monitored via range officer or not. The ORSA states that it is not monitored, which I love. I much prefer a shooter policed range. If I need to go down range, I let others know and we have a cold range. If someone else needs to go down range, they let me know and we have a cold range. Been going to this range for 10+ yrs and never heard of any issues, other then the one guy who shot himself in the leg holstering his pistol, but a range officer would not have helped with that. When I go to the ranges that are closer to me, they are monitored and the range officers stick to a firm time schedule for cold/hot ranges. Both mentioned ranges look a lot nicer than mine. My current range is in the desert so no grass, beyond scrub brush and wild grass but basically for any positional shooting, you're in the dirt/gravel/mud and I don't care if the wind is blowing north, south, east or west, the dust is going to end up in your face with the percussion.