1000+ yard .308 ballistics info help

terpstra

Would anybody who knows the information, or with a ballistic program capable of calculating, be able to tell me the ballistics of a 168 grain SMK driven at 2600 fps out of the muzzle of a 26" 1 in 12 barrel at distances up to about 1750 yards. If at all possible including incramements of distances like 1650 to 1750 to 1850. Its a lot to ask for but I would really appreciate any help even if it isn't exactly what I have requested. Thanks much in advance.

The first topic on the "Bullets Barrels and Ballistics page is full of links like the one Varmint Hunter posted. Feel free to play with these and find one that you like.

Using the King Family link I got the numbers of 820 fps and 255 energy. These numbers seem pretty high to me. What do you guys think are appropriate numbers?

[ QUOTE ]
Remrocket

308 with 168 ballistics is generally "tumbling" at 900-1000. Not all guns, but most. The 175 is the LR round to go to 1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup--starting mine over 2750, they were going in at a pretty fierce angle at 1000yds

stick with a 175 if you want to be competitive at 1K /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

I'm not worried about being competitive. I need these numbers for another reason. So does anybody have any idea of what the approximate numbers should be?

I'm thinking you're going to be stuck with the numbers you have above. If you need more try JBM's website.

I use the King fam program all the time and the numbers seem to work with what I find in the field trajectory wise.

So, what do you need the info for?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.