10 shot cold bore test at 890 yds

rpierce

Official LRH Sponsor
Well I got to do a 890 yard 10 shot cold bore test with my 22" 300 WSM and 215 bergers at 2670 fps. I waited atleast 12 hours between each shot. Sometimes a couple days. Direct thread Silencerco Scythe TI was taken off between each shot and scope was returned to zero. Wasn't dead calm when I would shoot and was in all different directions throughout the test. I had between 1.1 mil left windage and .6 mil right wind for all the shots. This is a 5.5 moa window for wind calls. There was also a 35 degree range in temperatures. The kestral was perfect.

3.5" vertical and 15.75" left and right. 8 out of 10 shots were in a 7" group. 5 out of 10 shots were in a 3" group.

10 shot 890 yd vertical.jpg
10 shot group.jpg
430909470_3656053208016147_6738453193706198162_n.jpg

Thanks guys. Im really happy with it. I had previously set 900 yds as my personal limit on elk with this rifle due to the velocity and energy combination. Ill do a test with my norma improved soon. It has alot less wind drift. Even though the norma improved has a 22" barrel on it also there is still enough energy for a shot out to 1400 on elk. Obviously I wouldnt take that shot just anytime. Conditions would have to be right.

Do you notice a substantial decrease in recoil using the anchor brake on the scythe?
Yes. The hybrid 46 with 30 cal 3 port anchor brake has a very noticeable amount less recoil than my tbac 338 ultra when shooting my lightweight 300 norma improved. The scythe with 3 port anchor brake has a very noticeable amount less reticle movement than my tbac dominus sr which weighs more than twice as much. Brakes on the end make a big difference in lightweight magnums.

Here a riflemen that can make that 1000yd shot. Nice workup of loads and acheiving the accuratic needed to shoot those distances. Also knowing how your rifle shoot cold bore. I for sure need to know or how that cold bore shot is going, and hitting where is pointed at. I don't plan on having to make a second shot. One and done is how I figure it. If I screw up it's my fault, and nobody elses.