10 or 12 power binos?

I have 10X Leicas and had the 12X...I didn't like them.

If you commit to a tripod 12 or power would be outstanding for picking apart cover at long range.

This is another reason I picked a 12-36 spotting scope because then I have it all just about covered, and I can use my 7x or 10x Binoculars for general Glassing, Although I aslo bought a cheap pair of Tasco zoom 7-15x standard sized Binos too which I leave in the truck and that was only because they were $150 down to $26.00 so it dont matter if they get knocked about under the seat,

John

Good idea.
The only problem with spotting scopes is that they are very hard on your eyes.
A few hours looking through a spotting scope can be like the old Japanese water torture. :)
Lots of folks go so far as to buy 2, fabricate (or buy) the bracketry, and turn them into turbo binoculars.

Good idea.
The only problem with spotting scopes is that they are very hard on your eyes.
A few hours looking through a spotting scope can be like the old Japanese water torture. :)
Lots of folks go so far as to buy 2, fabricate (or buy) the bracketry, and turn them into turbo binoculars.

Well that was another reason for buying those cheap Binos being 7-15 But they have that zip focus and zoom and they are about the size of steiner 7x30s, But if a person dont want to carry Binos and a scope then they are good for that,

But If i was looking to buy the same type of binos again I would go for either the Bushnell versions or Nikons, then you can have it all,

John

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.