Vortex Viper HD Binos - What power

arbogb062

So I am about to buy a pair of Vortex Viper HD binos. Not sure what power to get 10x, 12x or 15x. Any advice? I am leaning towards the 12x or 15x. Most glassing will be for whitetail deer 300-1000 yds. Another reason in buying now is that I will be going on an Alaskan cruise mid May and want some good binos for the trip.

Thanks in advance.

PS for anyone looking to buy some binos Optics planet is running a special. $50 gift certificate once purchase plus 12% off with coupon code "12BINO" and free shipping. Coupon code expires April 2nd. Puts the purchase around $450 shipped with gift certificate calculated in.

So I am about to buy a pair of Vortex Viper HD binos. Not sure what power to get 10x, 12x or 15x. Any advice? I am leaning towards the 12x or 15x. Most glassing will be for whitetail deer 300-1000 yds. Another reason in buying now is that I will be going on an Alaskan cruise mid May and want some good binos for the trip.

Thanks in advance.

PS for anyone looking to buy some binos Optics planet is running a special. $50 gift certificate once purchase plus 12% off with coupon code "12BINO" and free shipping. Coupon code expires April 2nd. Puts the purchase around $450 shipped with gift certificate calculated in.

Do you own any other binos? I prefer a set of 10s on my neck and a pair of 15s on a tripod. Some guys like one set of 12s that will do both.

i like the vulture 15x56. more light,fov. cheaper and i think they look better or as good as the vipers. in fact the guy at vortex said the 15x56's will look slightly better than the 15x50 vipers.

i like the vulture 15x56. more light,fov. cheaper and i think they look better or as good as the vipers. in fact the guy at vortex said the 15x56's will look slightly better than the 15x50 vipers.

The vultures are a hair heavier then I want to lug around

I use 15x Vipers on a tripod , works well. They are a little over powered for hand holding, 10x would be better if you're not going to use a tripod.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.