1 3/4" buckshot in 12 Guage

Anyone know how well these work?

Do you mean 2 3/4 ? If they are 1 3/4 the shot count will be very low.

If so they work fine if the shotgun will pattern them. ( some shotguns don't like
buckshot ).

If you have removeable choke tubes then experment with different ones for best
results.

J E CUSTOM

JE,

Below is what I found at Midway.

See: MidwayUSA - Aguila Minishell Ammunition 12 Gauge 1-3/4" #4 and #1 Buckshot 11 Pellets Box of 20

Aguila Minishell Ammunition 12 Gauge 1-3/4" #4 and #1 Buckshot 11 Pellets Box of 20

trans.gif

Product #: 162922
Our Price: $13.29
Should Ship Today

I've never used them, but have a friend that likes them from a self protection perspective. The big question is whether they will cycle in your shotgun.

If they will cycle, they dramatically increase the capacity of your shotgun.

AJ

AJ,
I was looking at the short shells from the same perspective as your friend. I can get more rounds in my 11-87. I think I'll order a couple of boxes and try them for cycling. Then I just need to see if they are effective for other activities.gun)

Thanks for the response.

JE,

Below is what I found at Midway.

See: MidwayUSA - Aguila Minishell Ammunition 12 Gauge 1-3/4" #4 and #1 Buckshot 11 Pellets Box of 20

Aguila Minishell Ammunition 12 Gauge 1-3/4" #4 and #1 Buckshot 11 Pellets Box of 20

trans.gif

Product #: 162922
Our Price: $13.29
Should Ship Today

I would think they would work for self defense and increase capacity.

They may not work in an auto but should be fine in a pump or an over and under or side by side.
except that shooting a shorter shell may wear the forcing cone more than the shells designed
for the shotgun.

But I would not use them for hunting because of shot count.

They do look interesting.
J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.