Benelli 20 guage slug guns

etisll40

Anyone own a Benelli 20 guage to use during a shotgun only season? I'm thinking about getting a 20 guage automatic and the Benelli name comes up a lot. Is it enough gun? Anyone have a brand or model they have shot in Benelli?

Don't know if they make one or not. Even for the 12 ga Benelli slug barrels are fairly rare & expensive. If you want a semi-auto I'd look to a Browning too, 12 or 20 Gold would be great.

Another nice gun is the A-Bolt slug gun, back in production again. A fair amount shoot the Savage slug gun, though I'd rather the A-Bolt.

The Benellis are great but expensive, the Browning Gold is also great and expensive.

I own two Remington 11-87s (20ga & 12ga) both are set up the same with the rifle/cantilever barrel both wearing Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 scope, and both shoot excellent, the 20ga likes the Remington AccuTip 3", the 12ga likes the Lightfield EXP 2-3/4", I do want to try the 2-3/4" Accutips in the 12ga.

If you want a dedicated slug gun I would opt for the Savage 220f or the H&R Ultra Deluxe both in 20ga. I own both, they both have the same scope as my 11-87s and they both shoot the 3" Accutips. The Savage has a slight edge, reason would be it handles like a rifle, great trigger, balances better, and at the 200 yrd mark it out shoots the H&R but within 150 yd mark the Savage has a slight edge.

Today's slugs in 20ga are excellent and will take down deer/bear size game without issues, no need to experience the recoil of the 12ga

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.