0 MOA base for Nightforce.

dieselgeek

I know it would be better to throw on a 20 MOA, but right now this is all I can get before my match. I have a 0 MOA on my leupold Mark 4 and it gets out to 1000yards w/ room to spare. I think it's a 76 MOA scope, so the 100 MOA nightforce should also not have a problem correct? I still have some shims that leupold sent me, could I use them on my new railed base?

You should be fine with that base, I wouldn't shim it.

The only way I shim a base to get more elevation is to use a tiny shim in the rear to create the height while bedding the base straight and stress free. Don't just stick a shim in the rear and crank down on the screws. In your case I wouldn't bother for this match since you have plenty of travel.

You should be fine with that base, I wouldn't shim it.

The only way I shim a base to get more elevation is to use a tiny shim in the rear to create the height while bedding the base straight and stress free. Don't just stick a shim in the rear and crank down on the screws. In your case I wouldn't bother for this match since you have plenty of travel.

Thanks, I had some shims from leupold , but like you said I should be just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.