ZEISS RZ1000 cost ?

reloaderlen

A store that I pass often has had this
ZEISS Conquest 5-25x50 reticle 83
On their shelf for at least 10 years.
They stopped selling anything shooting related about 7 years ago the only thing left is this scope tucked away and truth be told I'm probably the only one knows it's there .
They have it marked &1600
I know this isn't in production any longer.
What would be a fair price for me to offer ?
Also any thoughts on scope ?
Thanks !

I have one of these in 4-14x44 RZ800 on a carry hunting rifle that I wouldn't trade for anything. That said, I'm not sure how useful a 5-25x50 RZ1000 would be.
The RZ BDC reticle is probably one of the best BDC reticles ever made. I can zoom mine to just over 10x and the reticle is true to my rifles ballistics out to 500 yards, probably further. Problem is a BDC reticle seems to start loosing it's effectiveness in that 600 yard range. I'm not so sure the RZ1000 would be usable for a true 1000 yard shot. Bullet would be dropping so fast that dialing becomes necessary. My RZ800 dials perfectly though, so that option is available to me. Just seems the real sweet spot for these reticles is in that 4~600 yard area, where you just range, zoom to the power where the reticle matches your ballistics, and shoot. No range/drop chart or app needed.

I think they sold around $1200 way back then, Probably real nice glass, I am not sure what the value should be today

Not worth even close to what it is marked. If it works for you 600.00 but it is a 1in tube which some still use.