what swaro scope cost 30K?

bsb

I went to the Doctor to see about my sore elbow. anyway through the conversation this doc is a hunting fool all he eats is Game meat(him and his boy,his cholorestral
is over 300 in case your wondering)
any way he has a wildcat rifle and has a swaro scope ordered
that cost 30K I guess it has built in wind,temp,and rangefinder just hit the button and squeeze the trigger
I was proud of this doc for being a avid hunter nice guy too
I havent checked swaros web sight yet,
these things must be for snipers and doctors?

hmmmm, not sure, I'm thinking 3K not 30K, I've seen swaros scope/rangefinder and I know it didn't cost 30K

if there is one out there, I sure would like to see it. maybe i'll have to be a doctor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think the Doc was talking 30K because he said he was embarrasedm to say what he paid,I dont think he would have batted an eye at 3k,
Especially after he said his wildcat 270 was 12K
I see him in 2 weeks and will ask him again

Ok seen the Doc again and ask did I hear you right that the scope cost 30 thousand and he said the total package was that and I said the gun included? he said no the gun was 12 thousand and the assesories for the scope was that much and lets leave it at that and he smiled as if to say it was more than that!!
it has temp,wind,altitude, compinsators built in with extra
chips for different guns all electronic, aim at target touch button and shoot
is this a common scope for you long range shooters and not so common price or what I ask????

It will not bother Doc to pay 30K for an scope that will cost us 3K . that away he can tell every body that what he paid 30K for it . I have one of them that bought a farm next to me an paid 3 prices for it an then try to tell every body what good of a deal it is .
Redbone

[ QUOTE ]
Ok seen the Doc again and ask did I hear you right that the scope cost 30 thousand and he said the total package was that and I said the gun included? he said no the gun was 12 thousand and the assesories for the scope was that much and lets leave it at that and he smiled as if to say it was more than that!!
it has temp,wind,altitude, compinsators built in with extra
chips for different guns all electronic, aim at target touch button and shoot
is this a common scope for you long range shooters and not so common price or what I ask????

[/ QUOTE ]

Still calling BS on this one...he is feeding you a line...

Here is the only similar scope publically available that I am aware of...

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.T...UCTVIDEOMAIN228

JB

I'm going to raise the BS flag on this one also. Sounds like this guy is trying to flash his high income at you. If you are a poor military guy like myself, that kind of thing really bothers me. Next time tell him that he is full of
s&!t. You've got my back on that one.
Brandon

Any one dumb enough to spend or claim to have spent 30K on rifle scope......well let's just say that I would not want him dispenseing medicine to me.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Sounds like the doc knows what he's talking about and the speculators here don't. Ask him what the $27K difference is. It's unlikely an MD who was an avid hunter would pay 10x the market value.

Obviously all my comments are speculation too! He could be pulling your leg, but I doubt he's incompetent or bragging.

Remember the old timers cliche (inflation adjusted for 2006 dollars) [ QUOTE ]
Rather than put a $100 scope on a $500 gun, put a $500 scope on a $100 gun

[/ QUOTE ]

So a $30K scope would be underspending for a $12 gun.

The light switches in Bill Gates home cost $2,500 each. Chump change for Bill.

BB: I may have slacked a bit on the Pocket PC, (Tripod Data System's Recon is the Best), however not on anything else, especially the Vector's. These "PM-1's" (not yet available) go beyond 3,000 yards and work in conditions where the others fail miserably; and they are eye safe. The cost to the public is expected to fall within reason! Then again, they may just surprise us and price them lower than expected.

imageVector3b.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.