cost Vs happiness

10X

I am looking for a bullet drop scope that I can afford.
it will be used on a 223. in the past I have had leupold ans nightforce. I am looking for variable magnification 4-12 or 3-9
any sugestions
thanks

A Y,
My NXS has always made me a happy man. They are not cheap as you know, but to me worth every red cent. What Price range are you looking at? I noticed a Nikon Tactical in the classified section here on LRH earlier today (I think $750.00), wether it's still available I don't know. Some of the guys here could fill you in on thier quality as I have never owned one and don't know.

Murf

I am going bargan basement on this one. basicaly I am looking for advice on whats ok and whats "fall apart" in the bottom line of scopes.
I have a nice 4x drop compesated scope here it retailed for $60 back when I got it in 2002. its real nice but it has an integeral mount so it only fits on what it was made for.

The Bushnell 3200 in 10x40 is a pretty decent piece of glass for about $200. I had one on a .223 and it was a 'chuck killing machine. Clicks were solid and accurate, optics were nice and the mil-dot reticle was well done. The only downside is the fixed 10x... if that's a problem, I didn't mind it.

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking for a bullet drop scope that I can afford.
it will be used on a 223. in the past I have had leupold ans nightforce. I am looking for variable magnification 4-12 or 3-9
any sugestions
thanks

[/ QUOTE ] Check out the Nikon BDC reticle, I have the 3-9 and 4-12 and like them both. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have a Nikon buckmaster 4x14x40 and I moved the elevation up down numerous times and then went back to zero and went to the range. It was still dead on.

I have swarovski 6x24AO 50mm TDS-4 it's right on with my gun but it took me years to buy it.I've had Leupold VX-III scopes,Burris Black Diamond scopes,Nikon Monarch scopes the Swaro is a much better scope and worth every penny.Some day I'll have a pair of Swaro EL binoculars.

Bushnell just introduced two new tactical scopes, one in the 3200 series and a more costly one in the 4200 series. Regardless, they will be much lower priced and good quality. Check their website or your dealer if he has a catalog.
Also strongly suggest the SWFA Super Sniper, fixed 10x at 299.00. Great little 30mm scope for the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.