cost Vs happiness

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 10X, Feb 14, 2007.

1. 10X

10X Well-Known Member

I am looking for a bullet drop scope that I can afford.
    it will be used on a 223. in the past I have had leupold ans nightforce. I am looking for variable magnification 4-12 or 3-9
    any sugestions
    thanks

2. murf

murf Well-Known Member

A Y,
    My NXS has always made me a happy man. They are not cheap as you know, but to me worth every red cent. What Price range are you looking at? I noticed a Nikon Tactical in the classified section here on LRH earlier today (I think $750.00), wether it's still available I don't know. Some of the guys here could fill you in on thier quality as I have never owned one and don't know.

Murf

3. 10X

10X Well-Known Member

I am going bargan basement on this one. basicaly I am looking for advice on whats ok and whats "fall apart" in the bottom line of scopes.
    I have a nice 4x drop compesated scope here it retailed for $60 back when I got it in 2002. its real nice but it has an integeral mount so it only fits on what it was made for.

4. .25AOD

.25AOD Well-Known Member

The Bushnell 3200 in 10x40 is a pretty decent piece of glass for about $200. I had one on a .223 and it was a 'chuck killing machine. Clicks were solid and accurate, optics were nice and the mil-dot reticle was well done. The only downside is the fixed 10x... if that's a problem, I didn't mind it.

5. Waltech Jim

Waltech Jim Writers Guild

Just got one of these used, and put it on a 223. Seems to be very nice. My Dad has a couple of Nikons and I am impressed.

Jim

6. jeff 300

jeff 300 Well-Known Member

mueller scopes take a look

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I am looking for a bullet drop scope that I can afford.
    it will be used on a 223. in the past I have had leupold ans nightforce. I am looking for variable magnification 4-12 or 3-9
    any sugestions
    thanks

[/ QUOTE ] Check out the Nikon BDC reticle, I have the 3-9 and 4-12 and like them both. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. Cruizin

Cruizin Well-Known Member

I have a Nikon buckmaster 4x14x40 and I moved the elevation up down numerous times and then went back to zero and went to the range. It was still dead on.

9. redbone

redbone Well-Known Member

It is just Money you can knot take it with you .

Redbone

10. enigma

enigma Well-Known Member

I have swarovski 6x24AO 50mm TDS-4 it's right on with my gun but it took me years to buy it.I've had Leupold VX-III scopes,Burris Black Diamond scopes,Nikon Monarch scopes the Swaro is a much better scope and worth every penny.Some day I'll have a pair of Swaro EL binoculars.

11. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

Bushnell just introduced two new tactical scopes, one in the 3200 series and a more costly one in the 4200 series. Regardless, they will be much lower priced and good quality. Check their website or your dealer if he has a catalog.
    Also strongly suggest the SWFA Super Sniper, fixed 10x at 299.00. Great little 30mm scope for the money.

12. Inukshuk

Inukshuk Well-Known Member

I agree with Ian on the Bushnell Elite 4200 series. For the money you won't get any better. You should seriously check out the new 6–24 x 40mm with side parallax and mildot reticle. With this set-up your super comfortable.
    http://www.bushnell.com/general/riflescopes_elite4200_42-6242p.cfm

It's more power than your asking, but you can always dial down.