What guns would you like to see in a gun raffle?

Lots of good info. With the budget of 5-6k for 5 to 6 guns I like the idea of a top end deer rifle and nice 12gauge semi auto as the draw items and then several other guns everyone likes and not many people would be disappointed in getting. Name brand pumps, Glocks, and a few nicer 10-22s to round it out. I enter most gun raffles for cause but I hate to see it when they got the number of prizes up by going with junk. If I want a $300 semi auto Turkish shotgun I can come up with the stroke or a Savage axis even. Put atleast mid-tear firearms. Never try to auction full custom anything, the general public isn't gonna be interested.

I am putting together a gun raffle for my volunteer fire department.
I am looking for suggestions on guns to put in the raffle.
Planning on 5 guns, and spending a total of around $7000 on them.
Any suggestions?
I have done several gun purchases for some organizations I have belonged to. One of the things that I learned early on is to stick to name brands not anything exotic. Browning, Tikka, Bergara and Christensen come to mind. Most people who will buy raffle tickets are not looking to spend money on cheap firearms, but something that they might dream of owning and can't afford. Stick with the old reliable calibers. .243, .308, .270, 30-06 and either 300 WM or 7MM Rem. , where ammo is relatively easy to find. As far as shotguns go it's hard to go wrong with Browning or Benelli. Good luck and have fun picking them out.

For my area it pays to reach out to the local gunsmiths. Not to seek a discount, make that clear up front, but to support local business, and perhaps get some of their best work, at least the kind of work that they are most proud of.

We have some great smiths around the country. I've been in a lottery most years just for the opportunity to buy a Quakenbush .308 Air Rifle. Quality counts.

I second the motion for at least one lever, one scattergun, one bolt, a semi auto, and a pistol. The particulars will vary on locale.

Remember don't get the tickets to high price. If your Club wants to make 7000 off that raffle then you got to sell 14,000 tickets at a dollar apiece when you start asking people for $20 for a ticket they're a little harder to sell. I was in a gun club in Illinois and we had a $4,000 drawing every month and charge $1a ticket. The first month we lost money. Members said they could not sell the tickets. So the next month I took all 4,000 tickets and sold them in less than 24 hours. I did work at International Harvester we had three shifts and **** I sold about everybody there a ticket we had over 4,000 employees after that the rest of the members then did their job. We had merchants selling us stuff to us at their cost and gun dealers supplying stuff at cost. We gave away $2,000 worth of prizes at wholesale. We put each Merchants name on the tickets who supplied merchandise so people would know who was backing the club.

I would love to see a. Model 70 Featherweight Classic. ,with a 24 inch Bbl. it would have UpGraded wood ,like they did on the. French walnut. Rifle , but this time in. AAA Claro or English walnut ! Factory aluminum bedding block. It would be chambered in 270 Win or 6.8 Western! I would buy several tickets !!

LOL! He said $7,000 for all 5, not $150,000 for just one
Like I said; it was a wish list. 🤔 😁 My other pick was for only 1 that was a Weatherby, with said; like Ol' Red I'm a big fan of the lever guns, some Win 73's 94's or Malins and Henery they'd work as well. Cheer's

Ruger precision rifle 30 PRC
Weatherby with a nice wood stock, cartridge?
Winchester M70 wood stock, 30.06
Kimber 1911 45 acp
Remington 870, real wood, long barrel, 12g

Well since you asked,
4DEAF2DC-8DE2-48DE-B911-FEEC0B928489.jpeg
(the more people that walk out with a gun the better),
The way I look at it is I would rather up my chances of getting an average gun or truck gun or kid/ grandchild gun, than a fancy rifle that just gets looked at , more than used .
Don't care to much for the oh don't scratch it type guns

Also if you look at guns that are out of stock , what good does that do .

Last edited:
I would go with rifles in calibers that not everybody has. I suggest a 220 Swift, a 257 Roberts, a 284 Ack Improved, a 358 Norma Magnum and a 416 Rigby.

Average priced rifles in .270, 300wm and OF COURSE 30.06 should do well in
Wis-caaaaan-son. Any one of those with a leupy vx3- 4.5-14 would sell some tickets I'd bet.

A Remy 7400 or 7600 with a nice Leopold is pretty much a staple up there.

Add a nice shotgun and pistol and it sounds like a north woods party.

Winchester 101
Kimber Eclipse 1911 10mm
257 Weatherby
264 WinMag
A nice wheel gun: S&W, Ruger, Colt Python, etc, etc
And of course, a decent rifle in 6.5 NEEDMORE

Well since you asked,View attachment 370190 (the more people that walk out with a gun the better),
The way I look at it is I would rather up my chances of getting an average gun or truck gun or kid/ grandchild gun, than a fancy rifle that just gets looked at , more than used .
Don't care to much for the oh don't scratch it type guns

Also if you look at guns that are out of stock , what good does that do .
Man, you even have #14 - "Red Ryder" on that list. Great Job!