What does Deer Hunting teach you?

Deer hunting has taught me to be thankful.
Thankful to be able to experience Gods amazing creation….
Thankful for our freedoms we have in our country…
Thankful for my health….
Thankful that I've been able to go hunting with my father and uncle for over 40 years…
Thankful that my boys are hunting with me…
Thankful for all the memories made…

As a former technical sales director for a medical implant device company, I applied much of what I learned about deer hunting to the sales training process. I studied and learned the surgeon we were trying to get to know. We studied his preferences as it related to implant usage , and we learned how he sets up his cases, what he likes and what he does not. I also had to train the reps to understand that many visits to his or her office will be necessary before he or she will even trust us enough to listen to us. We needed understand how that surgeon thinks when faced with problem and clinical complications. We needed to study the Orthopedic Journals, so that we could discuss indications and contraindication of products with intelligence. You must be really ready, really prepared, and know when to present and when to remain silent. AND you will have to keep coming back , again and again, until the opportunity ( the shot) is presented. I applied much of what I loved about my past professional life to Deer Hunting, and Much about Deer Hunting to my professional life. Its not fun driving from NJ to Buffalo in a Ice and snowstorm to meet with doctors, but it's important to me and it's my job, Its not always fun sitting in a cold blind before the sun comes up, sometimes also in snow and ice, but it's what we love, so we do it. There is very little chance of success staying home in bed, for either endeavor. Understanding the habits of your trophy buck is important. Patience, Focus, Determination and Preparedness is sometimes rewarded!!

Very profound....

We deer hunt by boat, and use the time to set some subsistence pots for tanners.

2x rules

Bring more crab than venison home, and never shoot a deer where you can't see the waterline in the fov with the deer.