What songs go through your head while deer hunting?

Wow... no one has mentioned making up their own words to the songs yet??!! Construction background, so A couple of my favorites:
"Plumbing with the Level" by Van Halen
"Will you still love me Wheel-barrow" by the Shirelles (50s group).

Poetry while fishing:
Fishy fishy in da brook come and bite my *rule 4 violation* hook!

Things do pop into my head all the time of course, but I go out seeking silence and solitude. I don't even care if I see a deer any given day honestly, so long as I fill my tag at some point. I do love hunting, and I'm glad for that because, at least where I live, it's socially acceptable and common, everyone knows someone who hunts. But people start acting like you're crazy, they worry you're not okay or that you're antisocial, if you just go out into the middle of nowhere in -20c for a day by yourself in the dark cold November silence (love it, helps me calm down inside) for no other reason than that you'd rather do that than do the majority of things everyone else says will constitute a meaningful day.

When things do pop into my head they're often, as others have said, any number of old hymns. I don't listen to a ton of older music in everyday life but for whatever reason when I'm driving to my hunting places I often feel like listening to Led Zeppelin, Johnny Cash, or Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Usually while hunting I think about the past quite a bit and pay tribute to hunting buddies no longer around. While in that mind-set anything from Eddie Raven (Zydeco Lady) to Red Ryder (Lunatic Fringe) just might pop up...;)

"Killing Season" by Testament

On the way to moose camp I listen to cool music in my truck to get pumped up

"Asking for salvation at the stations of the cross, eternal is my pledge if eternal is thy loss
Back in the days of yore my country summoned me, enlisted willingly in defense of liberty
Eroding all alone like the mist upon the moss, eternal is my pledge an eternal holocaust
They summoned me, honorably, defend the cause, never repent, away I went, to defend the cause
When I was sent away they made a soldier from a boy
Victory will be achieved lethal weapons to destroy
Killing season, has begun with blood in my eyes the truth blames the lies
Machine gun, no place to run killing season
I was taught the art of war, kill
Exploding all alone like the blood upon the moss,
Eternal is my pledge if eternal is thy loss
They summoned me, honorably, defend the cause, never repent,
Away I went, to defend the cause
When I was sent away they made a soldier from a boy
Victory will be achieved lethal weapons to destroy
Killing season, has begun with blood in my eyes the truth blames the lies
Machine gun, no place to run killing season
Chosen one, with death on my hands, killing season
Art of war, kill on command, killing season
Killing season, killing season
Killing season, killing season"

Nuthin... nada. When I go hunting I submerse into the natural world. Nature is my music. I don't want to bother or think about secular, humanistic things while out.

Great question. Made me smile and reflect for a minute
"I know you rider"
"Me and my uncle"
"Terrapin station"
"Wharf rat"
"He's gone" - probably the #1 song stuck in my head at all times lol
When i head up to the oak orchard river with my buddy or by myself we always listen to veneta, oregon 8/27/72 and it always brings me good luck

Wow... no one has mentioned making up their own words to the songs yet??!! Construction background, so A couple of my favorites:
"Plumbing with the Level" by Van Halen
"Will you still love me Wheel-barrow" by the Shirelles (50s group).

Poetry while fishing:
Fishy fishy in da brook come and bite my *rule 4 violation* hook!

"Freeballin" by Tom Petty

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.