What is the most hated deer rifle you owned ?

For me it would have to be a Savage 112 SS chambered in 7mm Magnum. It was an accurate rifle, and i took a decent buck with it, but that thing kicked too much to make up for any advantage the caliber might have had.

I often hunt with iron sighted old military or cowboy guns. Worst surprised me. I never even kept it long enough to take it hunting. I spent 10 years lusting after a good small ring Mexican Mauser in 7mm Mauser caliber. Took it to the range one time. I have never been kicked that hard by any other 7mm Mauser!!!!!!!! Even bigger caliber Mauser's did not hurt like it did.

Man I have owned & shot a few 760 in 30-06 & 25-06. All the ones I had were easy on my shoulder. And a few were shooting well under an inch @ 100. I hope to get the one from my friend in 25-06. I shot it in for deer season. And man was I impressed. Just shooting Hornady Whitetail 117 gr factory loads. Holes were touching. Even with a warm barrel, it just shoots. I loved them old pump guns. I keep trying to get that 25-06 every time I see him. One day he will cave. lol
lol I have 13 760's/7600's
One in 06' has a Break, kicks less than my 243 or 6mm

An old military .303 British. Very inaccurate.
My dad had a British .303. It kicked like a mule with that metal buttplate and you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 25 yards. Barrel was probably shot out because it was a wartime model he purchased used at an Army Surplus Store back in the 50's. Kept it in the family though. My older brother still has it.

My dad had a British .303. It kicked like a mule with that metal buttplate and you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 25 yards. Barrel was probably shot out because it was a wartime model he purchased used at an Army Surplus Store back in the 50's. Kept it in the family though. My older brother still has it.
I sold mine to my cuz because he didn't have a rifle then he sold it. I should have just kept it for the wall. That rear sight was cool.

They leave a bit to be desired. At least mine did. See my post #77.

Congratulation Ruger!
Looks like you manufacturered the most hated deer rifles.
It's odd... I've got a couple of Ruger rifles and have owned a few others. They've always been decent in the accuracy department to me. My m77 Hawkeye 35 Whelen is easily one of the most accurate rifles I own. My #1 in 338win is dang good too.

My worst rifle so far was a Howa in 243. Crappy trigger and poor accuracy. I gave it back to the gun shop for store credit and bought a Ruger stainless 30-06. I forget what I traded that 30-06 on, but the Ruger wasn't that bad.

Early Weatherby Mark V 6 lug ultralight ( gray B&C stock deep fluted barrel) .270 win . Think the barrel and action were made in Maine by SACO defense... if memory serves... Barrel was junk... 3-4 inch groups at 100 no matter what ...... ******* that I am, FIoated the barrel and bedded the action.... I called Weatherby told them it shoot s 3 inch groups bedded... not bedded....... now that the barrel is floated... you could actually see a difference in the barrel channel gap on one side as the barrel heated... told this to Weatherby... Too bad... you altered it.. altered what? the mettalurgical properties if a barrel? . they are right... but really? Never owned another.