What is the best tasting deer species

Ok, I'm going to bite. What is a "toad whitetail"?
When you look at the deer and say to yourself "dam* that is a stud". Depending on where you hunt in SC your bucks are about the size of a yearling doe in Illinois. Food and climate make a huge difference. The deer where I hunt in southern Illinois have corn and soybeans to feed on and the temps drop causing them to fatten up.

Bucklowery, I live in the state beside Georgia, S.C. and our corn, soy bean, pnut, strawberry and watermelon farmers will tell you that they get enough. You should see what a herd of deer do to a watermelon field overnight. They bust a melon take a bite or 2 then move to the next 1 so that they get enough and keep up.
Ha same thing with the pumpkins and winter squash

What is the best tasting deer species? I eat mostly whitetail because that is what I am able to hunt the most frequently. But I have had buddies that calm mulies are more gamey. I'm not sure if it is their prep or the deer have a gamey taste. What is y'all's opinions.

When all is said and done it depends on who was the chef… my grandma made an awesome muskrat meatloaf 🤷‍♂️. Low and slow

Cow elk, coues deer and blacktail are all wonderful. Probably in that order for me.
The only thing that has ever come close to inedible was a rutty Nevada Mulie. It was terrible. I take pride in cleaning and processing my game. The same care was given to that Mulie. It was 30 degrees out with snow on the ground and the shot was a bang-flop dead right there. We made quick work dressing him out and hung him for a week. Must have been a diet/ rut issue with the meat. Needless to say I won't be shooting any meat bucks in Nevada.

What is the best tasting deer species? I eat mostly whitetail because that is what I am able to hunt the most frequently. But I have had buddies that calm mulies are more gamey. I'm not sure if it is their prep or the deer have a gamey taste. What is y'all's opinions.
Axis, had a lot of it, along with white tail, Mule, elk, and lots others, but top of the tree for me in tenderness, flavor, juiciness is Axis, and it lean. Do it on the grill after I marinate it in olive and garlic, for just a minute or so on each side, pan fried is great also, but it's really top of the tree in wild game.

It depends of course. Deer type, location, age, time of the year shot, handling of the meat in the field etc. For example Elk and Mule Deer have access to basically the same food supply in the Colorado Rockies yet the Elk taste substantially better than Mulies. Another big factor is when is the animal taken. Before rut the muscle will be laden with fat and nicely red. After rut the fat will be gone and the muscles will have a bluish tint from all the latent lactic acid built up from all the girl chasing.

In any event all things being equal in order Moose, Elk, Caribou, Whitetail and Mule Deer. (I have not had the good fortune of drawing a Coues Deer or Black Tail tag)