TIME - When do YOU bag most of your deer?

What time do you find the most productive in bagging deer?

• Mornings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid-Days

• Afternoons to last shooting time

• Total voters
Very early morning most of the time, between 30 minutes before sunrise to about 8:00 am they are usually getting their breakfast, I am usually finishing or have just finished my coffee.

Before prerut in the evenings last hour. Rut in the mornings. Post rut back to evenings last hour. Never get out of stand say 10, 11, 12 o'clock. Get out 10:15, 11:15, 12:15! Most people get out on straight up time and just 15 minutes sometimes someone will jump one up your way!

I'll have to vote "evenings" on this one. For whatever reason my place sees A LOT more deer activity in the afternoons/evenings vs. mornings.

Well, I learned I don't sure know how to properly post a 'poll' on this here Forum … lol!

Out of rut, mornings to 10am & last hour of shooting hours, for us here in the Northeast, at least by an informal survey amongst my brothers & friends.

Thanks to all who chimed in!

I bow hunted a lot in my youth so it was morning,but mostly evenings out.The big boys where mostly last light,unless rut.Muleys I rifle,hard to be where they are at first light,but try and get there,same there moving in evenings again.Rut is any time.

I have killed more bucks from 8-10 am than any other time of day. Does are a different story. You can shoot them anytime. Big bucks typically move later in the morning (some field and stream article I read) and so I started keeping track of time of day. I have killed two nice bucks in the evening but I have always focused my time hunting the mornings and the majority of the large deer I have killed were between 8:00 am and 10:00 am.

Most of my kills have occurred just at first light to mid morning. Just before last light in the evening only seems to be productive during the cooler months Winter and Autumn.
I see tonnes of deer driving into my hunting spots early in the morning before sun-up, this is so normal for me I don't bat an eye.

Cheers.

I shoot most of mine in the morning before 10am but I see more deer in the afternoons after 4pm. I don't shoot many in the evenings because I don't want to deal with them that late most of the time unless it's really nice one. Deer being plentiful has spoiled me, I know. :)