What is the best tasting deer species

I have a little experience with Fallow deer done a few ways.
When I got my first deer opportunistically o spoke to a mate from a different are and asked him which deer are best to eat. He reckons all of em, eat any of them they are all good.
Tried a few types of Venison in South Africa since all the antelope species meat is Venison. Would have eaten impala, Kudu , Wildebeest and hunted those species.
I think the Gemsbok was the most memorable. I did not hunt Gemsbok. It was all cull animals I took.
Enjoyed the food.
I ate some Hog Deer backstrap when I hunted with a mate last year.
We took a heap of Fallow Venison home and I made Sausages . They went well with those who tried them.
I mostly hunt/shoot pests. I'm not big on game meat but opportunistically have tried different things.

In this area the whitetails are alfalfa fed most of the year with a lot of corn in the fall. I process all my meat and being a bow hunter, we have a refrigerator in the garage and the deer are quartered ant put in the refrigerator immediately. We don't freeze much meat anymore, but we can most of it. Once you eat canned venison you will be hooked. Also as a side benefit if you have a power outage you don't lose any meat . No refrigeration needed. Can be eaten right out of the jar,heated over rice or potatoes, made into stew. Just handy to have around.
I need to try that sometime. I have the pressure canning equipment already, so it's just a matter of using it for that.

From my adventures. I have not eaten fresh moose but have heard it's tops. Anyway, my list is as follows:

Wild-

Young Elk (bull or cow)
Fat Velvet Whitetail Buck from Ag Fields.

Exotic-

Pere David's Deer is the best deer meat and I don't know why. They beat all other farm raised/ US exotic class deer meat. I'm curious if anyone else has similar experiences.

We harvested a young Eland bull (1.5 yr) and it was the most discussed "best" game table fare animal we ever had. It did not make financial sense (actually looked into it) to raise them as meat animals but it was the best tasting exotic meat from a long list that I have tried. Simply amazing.

I need to try that sometime. I have the pressure canning equipment already, so it's just a matter of using it for that.
I dice up an onion, add some pepper,cold pack in pints (it's just my wife an I ) 1/2 teaspoon canning salt per pint,seal and put in pressure canner 75 min @ 10 lbs. pressure. I use about 1 onion per 15 to 20 lbs of meat. It makes it's own juice.

Wild-

Fat Velvet Whitetail Buck from Ag Fields.

Exotic-
First Deer I shot was a Fallow spiker.

I wasn't fussy of 2 deer in view it was the first one to present a shot wore it.

Headshot with a .223 opportunistically.

A couple of locals who saw it said I picked a good one because it was fat. No experience with Deer didn't know any better either way and would probably chosen a Doe if I was being selective.

10 days in a coolroom and it was great meat.