What’s up with Hornady’s reloading podcast?

I'll tell you even if you start doing 10 round groups the lines of what is "better" really start to blur.

I recall it was more along the lines of the tuner had no effect on group size
I do not have Litz's expertise but I will say, watch a few high speed camera videos of a rifle barrel during firing and draw your own conclusions.
When the first commercial tuner came out, the BOSS was designed to tune factory ammo to your rifle. It came with recommendations. I tried it on several calibers and it works. It's physics! It works for ME! That's all I care! If it doesn't work for you, your decision. Physics don't change because I or you say so!

I have no dog in this fight! Use what works for you! But if you stake a claim on statistics or physics make sure your statement is correct!
Like I said a few times, do what works for you!

I do not have Litz's expertise but I will say, watch a few high speed camera videos of a rifle barrel during firing and draw your own conclusions.
When the first commercial tuner came out, the BOSS was designed to tune factory ammo to your rifle. It came with recommendations. I tried it on several calibers and it works. It's physics! It works for ME! That's all I care! If it doesn't work for you, your decision. Physics don't change because I or you say so!

Maybe you should heed your own advice here.
The 2 scientific tests done show a tuner has no effect on dispersion. (group size). It's more likely you are fooling yourself with small sample size and have created a very strong confirmation bias.

I actually did just pick up a tuner to test out but I am skeptical to say the least.

Maybe you should heed your own advice here.
The 2 scientific tests done show a tuner has no effect on dispersion. (group size). It's more likely you are fooling yourself with small sample size and have created a very strong confirmation bias.

I actually did just pick up a tuner to test out but I am skeptical to say the least.
Please enlighten me where may I see the two scientific tests.
Harmonics are real. Look at the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapse.
Or take a "harmonic balancer from one engine, put it on another, run it for a while! I learned that the hard way when I was a kid

Last edited:
Please enlighten me where may I see the two scientific tests.
Harmonics are real. Look at the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapse.
Or take a "harmonic balancer from one engine, put it on another, run it for a while! I learned that the hard way when I was a kid
Harmonics are real that is scientific fact, it's not up for discussion. It is however unproven whether or not that has any meaningful affect on dispersion.

Here's the Hornady one.

Litz's test with AB is behind a pay wall, or you can buy the book "Modern Advancements in Long Range Shooting Vol. III"

Harmonics are real that is scientific fact, it's not up for discussion. It is however unproven whether or not that has any meaningful affect on dispersion.

Here's the Hornady one.

Litz's test with AB is behind a pay wall, or you can buy the book "Modern Advancements in Long Range Shooting Vol. III"

Two people who have something to sell! Thank you! Pass! I have 10 rifles each in a different caliber! Like I said, works for me.
Another so "scientific" thing, a competitive shooter, many of you follow, did a study when Browning had the patent. Said they didn't work. Now, he sells his version, all of a sudden they work!
Hornady is an infomercial! My opinion only

Two people who have something to sell! Thank you! Pass! I have 10 rifles each in a different caliber! Like I said, works for me.
Another so "scientific" thing, a competitive shooter, many of you follow, did a study when Browning had the patent. Said they didn't work. Now, he sells his version, all of a sudden they work!
Hornady is an infomercial! My opinion only
The old adage, You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
Neither test is trying to sell you anything...

The old adage, You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
Neither test is trying to sell you anything...
How many rifles do you have with a tuner? I have 10! 22-250 to 338WM. I did my own research!
Hornady has nothing to sell! News to me!
Unless there is something new and real, I am out!
Use what works for you!

How many rifles do you have with a tuner? I have 10! 22-250 to 338WM. I did my own research!
Hornady has nothing to sell! News to me!
Unless there is something new and real, I am out!
Use what works for you!
What does owning 10 tuners prove?

That podcast and test is not trying to sell any products, maybe you need to work on reading comprehension as well.

There is nothing really new about the scientific method.

What does owning 10 tuners prove?

That podcast and test is not trying to sell any products, maybe you need to work on reading comprehension as well.

There is nothing really new about the scientific method.
It proves I tried it and it works for me! It proves you read and repeat what you read!
Good luck

Last edited:
Yes. And atips. Accuracy can be tuned with bullet seating depth, powder charge and/or a tuner. It's been common knowledge since I started in the early 90's. I don't know why Hornady is trying to convince otherwise other than maybe they are struggling with accuracy and just trying to convince this is normal

It's easier to sell reloading components and equipments when a customer is lead to believe it's as easy as they say it is. If you think the educational podcasts by hornady are anything but another sales pitch, brand building tool, etc. you are very mistaken.

I guess infomercials trumps experience! You stick to your infomercials, I stick to my experience!

It's easier to sell reloading components and equipments when a customer is lead to believe it's as easy as they say it is. If you think the educational podcasts by hornady are anything but another sales pitch, brand building tool, etc. you are very mistaken.
It's most definitely a brand building tool, DUH.

But it's very far from an infomercial/ sales pitch. It's actually pretty uncommon for them to push/ pitch products on there and when they do they usually just slide it in, like "oh ya we make a gauge for that"

Not to mention AB came up with the same conclusion and they aren't selling anything other than information and ballistic solutions.

Sometimes believing in your gear is important to, confidence can be key. But that doesn't mean it actually works.