Ultimate light weight hunting Rig

Wiscohunter

I'm looking to build a light weight hunting rig that I can get prefit barrels for in different calibers. This would allow me to swap calibers and rezero depending on what And where I intend to hunt. Looking for any input into this especially as far as experience with Short action cartridges through a long action and what bottom metal may work better for this. As I intend to have barrels made for standard short action rounds up to
This is what I have planned so far.
  1. Big horn Origin LA
  2. Proof research CF barrel in 300PRC to start
  3. AG composites AG Alpine Hunter CF stock
  4. Timney 2 stage trigger
  5. Precision Hypertap Muzzle break
  6. Options for bottom metal
    1. Remington BDL
    2. Badger M5 DBM
    3. HS Precision DM
    4. Hawkins Precision BDL floor plate
    5. Hawkins Precision M5 DBM
  7. Luepold Mark 5 HD 5-25x56
  8. MPA 35mm 1 piece mounts

Thanks in advance.​

I'm looking to build a light weight hunting rig that I can get prefit barrels for in different calibers. This would allow me to swap calibers and rezero depending on what And where I intend to hunt. Looking for any input into this especially as far as experience with Short action cartridges through a long action and what bottom metal may work better for this. As I intend to have barrels made for standard short action rounds up to
This is what I have planned so far.
  1. Big horn Origin LA
  2. Proof research CF barrel in 300PRC to start
  3. AG composites AG Alpine Hunter CF stock
  4. Timney 2 stage trigger
  5. Precision Hypertap Muzzle break
  6. Options for bottom metal
    1. Remington BDL
    2. Badger M5 DBM
    3. HS Precision DM
    4. Hawkins Precision BDL floor plate
    5. Hawkins Precision M5 DBM
  7. Luepold Mark 5 HD 5-25x56
  8. MPA 35mm 1 piece mounts

Thanks in advance.​
Since you want short on long, its pretty hard to beat the new Max cartridges from Sherman. I have a 7 max on a 700 LA BDL with a Quik Klip dbm and it works great.
3100' with a 180 and up to 3000 with a 195 with N570.
shermanwildcatcartridges.com
Also, check out Preferred barrel blanks for $325. He will do any sherman design.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.