Thoughts on Boyd’s stocks

The reason I decided to change the stock to a Boyd was that I have already tried several things to get the 6.5CM to be as accurate as possible. The T/C Compass has a 3-lug bolt which makes this inexpensive rifle quite a good shooter out-of-the-box. I reload specifically for the chamber of my rifle with loads tuned to the optimum nodes based on the components I use. I have worked on the bullet seating to optimize barrel harmonics. On top of that, I use a barrel tuner for the same purpose and I do use a steady rest. I think I've done everything I can except bedding the action which I think is the last thing I can do to squeeze every possible ounce out of the rifle. I love the challenge and in the end, I may not be able to achieve my objective... hitting 1000 yds consistently with this particular rifle. I do hit 1000, but not consistently My next challenge is to repeat the whole process with a new Bergara HMR Pro 6.5CM that I just purchased and still in the box. I'm currently studying carefully the bedding process for the Boyd stock so I do it correctly and give this rifle the best possible chance to succeed in my objective. This forum has a ton of recommendations on bedding and I really appreciate everyone's input. This is what this hobby is all about. Thanks to all who comment. I do pay attention.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.