Thoughts on Boyd’s stocks

Lnewton

I have a TC venture 30-06 that is a good shooter, nothing fancy but shoots well. I have been wanting to do something with it but not spend too much so I have been checking in to the Boyd's stocks. They have lots of features and from what I have read are made fairly well. My question is simply if any here have tried them and if so, what are your thoughts, not really considering other brands because I am not aware of any otherS that have a decent price point for a cheaper rifle such as the Thompson. Really, more than anything, it will dress up the plastic.

The overmold inserts just feel cheap on the venture. It just shoot well, just thought it might dress it up a little. I may not mess with it. The stocks just had a nice appearance.

I've also used several Boyds stocks - Remington 700, Savage 110, KIDD 22, Ruger 10-22, and some I can't remember. Fit has always been spot on- little if any inletting needed. I always bed them. They don't have bedding blocks like high end composite stocks. I think you can get them with pillars, but I never have. Solid bargain and the first place I look if I need a budget stock. Never been disappointed.

Agreed. Good bargain. If you have some time to kill and look through their rapid fire closeouts a lot of times you can pick up what you want for around $90-100. Have on multiple rifles and they shoot well. I always bed the recoil lug on them. The lightweight thumbhole is great prone. If going to a nasty climate to hunt i would stick with synthetic, but for most western hunts they have worked fine for me.

I've also used several Boyds stocks - Remington 700, Savage 110, KIDD 22, Ruger 10-22, and some I can't remember. Fit has always been spot on- little if any inletting needed. I always bed them. They don't have bedding blocks like high end composite stocks. I think you can get them with pillars, but I never have. Solid bargain and the first place I look if I need a budget stock. Never been disappointed.
Tagging in. Cemetery, I may be picking your brain later on these.

I have a TC venture 30-06 that is a good shooter, nothing fancy but shoots well. I have been wanting to do something with it but not spend too much so I have been checking in to the Boyd's stocks. They have lots of features and from what I have read are made fairly well. My question is simply if any here have tried them and if so, what are your thoughts, not really considering other brands because I am not aware of any otherS that have a decent price point for a cheaper rifle such as the Thompson. Really, more than anything, it will dress up the plastic.
Just put one on a old model 70 338 fit perfect gray black laminate

I also just put one on a JES rebore 338-06 model 70 and it was a perfect fit. Still bedded it but I bed just about everything so..

IMG_20210130_080934.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.