Need your thoughts on stock

yamadog

I'm getting a 7mm STW build , Bat action , Krieger Barrels 28" , muzzle brake . jewell trigger . Not sure really what stock i what to put on it , I like the bell & carlson but i think i what to go with a tech stock and they don't have one that will work with the action i getting . other choise if mine is the a5 from mcmillan. or a thumbhole stock . I gone to use it for a 1000 yard gun for deer probly shoot off of a bipod and sand bag . gone to have to carrey it around .

check out Tom Manners stocks , their very well made and he offers several style suited for long range.

His F-class stock is an awsome desgine and stiff as an I-beam , perfect for shooting from a bi-pod at long range and they generaly use Bat actions for , it ain't cheap due to it being all carbon fiber but if you want the best you won't be able to compair ir to much.

Manners Composite Stocks

I am putting one of Manners' T-2's on my new coyote rifle. And later this year I am doing a 7 WSM in either his T-2, T-1 or the T-3. I am waiting to try my T-2 before selecting the next one.

I toured his operation a few days ago. Very impressed. His shells are slightly thicker than McMillan's. The forends give the stiffness we all need for long range accuracy off a bipod.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.