Need your thoughts on stock

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by yamadog, Jan 30, 2009.

1. yamadog

yamadog Well-Known Member

I'm getting a 7mm STW build , Bat action , Krieger Barrels 28" , muzzle brake . jewell trigger . Not sure really what stock i what to put on it , I like the bell & carlson but i think i what to go with a tech stock and they don't have one that will work with the action i getting . other choise if mine is the a5 from mcmillan. or a thumbhole stock . I gone to use it for a 1000 yard gun for deer probly shoot off of a bipod and sand bag . gone to have to carrey it around .

2. bebberson

bebberson Member

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

check out Tom Manners stocks , their very well made and he offers several style suited for long range.

His F-class stock is an awsome desgine and stiff as an I-beam , perfect for shooting from a bi-pod at long range and they generaly use Bat actions for , it ain't cheap due to it being all carbon fiber but if you want the best you won't be able to compair ir to much.

Manners Composite Stocks

4. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

I am putting one of Manners' T-2's on my new coyote rifle. And later this year I am doing a 7 WSM in either his T-2, T-1 or the T-3. I am waiting to try my T-2 before selecting the next one.

I toured his operation a few days ago. Very impressed. His shells are slightly thicker than McMillan's. The forends give the stiffness we all need for long range accuracy off a bipod.

5. yamadog

yamadog Well-Known Member

what about the MCS-GAT that manners makes

6. LewisH

LewisH Well-Known Member

FWIW, I ordered my 7 STW with the GAT stock. I've always had better trigger control with a thumbhole stock.