The dumbest thing you have ever heard

I did actually hear a while back of a guy around here made the mistake of walking up on a downed elk he shot and assuming it was dead already by the time he got there. It couldn't get up anymore but still had some fight in it. Guy got kicked in the balls hard enough to require hospitalization.

Check this out!

The absolutely dumbest thing I have ever heard is people saying the are voting for Biden again.
From north of your border, I'm afraid the same kind of people are saying that about Trudeau. Reminds me of a book title I saw a while back from an American author that I'd like to read some time, sounds interesting 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_8007.png
    IMG_8007.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 22
"I want to raise the top tax rate for capital gains to the highest rate in over 100 years" - joe, puddin head, biden. April 25, 2024.
A similar strategy I see to what they're doing up here now. Capital gains tax reform as a proposed solution to how ****ing expensive bloated liberal governments are. EVEN BEFORE COVID Justin Trudeau's government spent more money they didn't have and incurred more debt for future generations to pay for (and that's adjusted for inflation) than ANY government in Canadian history EVER. And then Covid happened. And the solution to not having enough money? Just print more!!!! What could possibly go wrong?

between that bs and hamstringing their own people and economy with idiotic carbon taxes and going out of their way to discourage the development of energy resources (which are the single most profitable thing this country has going for it) making everything more expensive to live while making it harder for ambitious people to make, and now keep, any real money relative to the cost of living in this increasingly communist and communist-leaning nation (and I don't say that word lightly) they're really setting out to ruin everything generations of people fought in wars and broke their backs in hard labour for, making something out of this place. It's a disgrace.

The solution to their frivolous spending and the real human poverty, suffering, and hopelessness that their woke policies are inflicting on folks isn't of course to be more ****ing responsible as though they actually owed the people of this country as much; but rather to rob the rich (except for themselves - the prime minister is of course still entitled to multiple vacations by private jet per year) to feed the poor, until everyone's just poor (except once again the politicians). As my father always taught me "communism looks great on paper but in the real world it just means we all get dragged down to the level of the lowest common denominator". Of note, his grandfather escaped to Canada from Stalin's Russia in the dirty 30s, started with nothing and died with not much more, still lived in house with a dirt floor after a life of poverty and hard work as a Saskatchewan grain farmer, and died believing he had been a lucky man to have gotten out of the hell he was born in to live in a free country, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health.

I'm sad to say he might be disgusted to see what this place is turning into.

And I'm sad to see that much of the same is happening to my like-minded American friends south of the border. I think the problem is as much that people are soft nowadays and don't fully appreciate how awful things could and can and have actually gotten under the sun.

Last edited:
A similar strategy I see to what they're doing up here now. Capital gains tax reform as a proposed solution to how ****ing expensive bloated liberal governments are. EVEN BEFORE COVID Justin Trudeau's government spent more money they didn't have and incurred more debt for future generations to pay for (and that's adjusted for inflation) than ANY government in Canadian history EVER. And then Covid happened. And the solution to not having enough money? Just print more!!!! What could possibly go wrong?

between that bs and hamstringing their own people and economy with idiotic carbon taxes and going out of their way to discourage the development of energy resources (which are the single most profitable thing this country has going for it) making everything more expensive to live while making it harder for ambitious people to make, and now keep, any real money relative to the cost of living in this increasingly communist and communist-leaning nation (and I don't say that word lightly) they're really setting out to ruin everything generations of people fought in wars and broke their backs in hard labour for, making something out of this place. It's a disgrace.

The solution to their frivolous spending and the real human poverty, suffering, and hopelessness that their woke policies are inflicting on folks isn't of course to be more ****ing responsible as though they actually owed the people of this country as much; but rather to rob the rich (except for themselves) to feed the poor, until everyone's just poor (except once again the politicians). As my father always taught me "communism looks great on paper but in the real world it just means we all get dragged down to the level of the lowest common denominator". Of note, his grandfather escaped to Canada from Stalin's Russia in the dirty 30s, started with nothing and died with not much more, still lived in house with a dirt floor after a life of poverty and hard work as a Saskatchewan grain farmer, and died believing he had been a lucky man to have gotten out of the hell he was born in to live in a free country, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health.

I'm sad to say he might be disgusted to see what this place is turning into.

And I'm sad to see that much of the same is happening to my like-minded American friends south of the border. I think the problem is as much that people are soft nowadays and don't fully appreciate how awful things could and can and have actually gotten under the sun.
Our only hope is that both countries realize what they are doing to us and stand together as one to stop this madness

Our only hope is that both countries realize what they are doing to us and stand together as one to stop this madness
That's what I'm afraid of…both sides of the border the amount of people that would rather be taken care of by the government rather than INSIST on taking care of themselves as much as possible is sickening. And they'll take care of us…at the cost of personal autonomy and liberty. And that's where this all goes south. I'm not against some degree of social assistance and government administration of help for vulnerable persons, I am not an "every man for himself" kind of capitalist….

But I live in a country that's apparently full of people that have seen how everything has gotten worse in the last 8 years and continue to vote liberal. I suspect it's honestly about the handouts….

Life is about to get rough for those people and us as well.
The bad part is those that you speak of will cry louder than anyone.
Tough times are coming, just how tough God only knows
I agree with that prognosis. The capacity to grow and hunt your own food is never a bad thing in such times…