The dumbest thing you have ever heard

It is entertaining to listen to some conversations at the gun counter. Was at the LGS today and happened to hear a sales guy explaining why bolt action rifles are not really appropriate for hunting grizzly bears. He explained that he has hunted brown and grizzly many times and would only use semiautomatic rifles or double barrels. He stated cycling a bolt is too slow and there is a good chance you would be mauled if you didn't put it down on the first shot. Not sure why he was mentioning this as there was not double or semi bigger than 223 in the shop. The guy was looking at nice bolt action rifle in 338.

It is entertaining to listen to some conversations at the gun counter. Was at the LGS today and happened to hear a sales guy explaining why bolt action rifles are not really appropriate for hunting grizzly bears. He explained that he has hunted brown and grizzly many times and would only use semiautomatic rifles or double barrels. He stated cycling a bolt is too slow and there is a good chance you would be mauled if you didn't put it down on the first shot. Not sure why he was mentioning this as there was not double or semi bigger than 223 in the shop. The guy was looking at nice bolt action rifle in 338.
images(1882).jpg

Man, I'm gonna have to trade in my bolt action brown bear rig....

Is Tennessee home to a significant brown bear population?
The guy was looking for a rifle for an Alaska hunt. If you see the aftermath of a bear attack with a AR15 laying nearby, let me know. I will send the salesman a note.

Haven't seen one with a picture nearby, but have had to help with a problem Bear that someone decided to shoot with an AR that was in their smokehouse. Dunno how many times he'd hit it, but when we caught up to it, it was acting crazy digging at its fur. Sometimes wounded bears act crazy, and the ar shot one was the wildest I've ever seen.

We all bailed out and let fly, not sure which one actually put it down, was 3 guys that shot as problem Bears aren't exactly a hunt.

From what I saw, it's best to hunt bears with an AR when you have your house as cover, and a couple young guys with bolt rifles to go in the alders and finish the job.

Was probably 19 or 20 at the time, remember my buddies dad being rather irate that the fellow would wound a bear with a 223 and put us all in a scenario with a wounded bear.

Lotta pages and I haven't read them all so not sure if anyone else has said this but the dumbest thing I ever heard was that Joe Biden was going to be President! Then after that I heard he was running again.
Just today while speaking he tried to start a "four more years" chant and actual said "pause" after he read it off of the teleprompter. 👎

Elk hunting advice. As soon as you fire your rifle throw the rifle down and run as fast as you can, jump onto the elk's back and stab it in the neck.😳
Not gonna lie I kinda wanna see some moron do this and get himself impaled or kicked into next week 🤣

I think they call this kind of thing a "Darwin award"

If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. No one's insurance rates will increase unless you make over 500,000 a year …most likely your rates will decrease. This will not lengthen the appointment times with your doctors.

The $500 bill and 9 hour wait at the emergency room last week to see a doctor for 3 minutes several hours after my symptoms stopped determined that to be a lie.

So it turns out after I posted this I got another bill for an additional $800 so I paid $1,300 to sit in an emergency room for 9 hours to see a doctor for 3 minutes.

I should have just let the orange fluid leak out of my head until I passed out so they would take me back faster, maybe then I'd have gotten my money's worth.