Dumbest things you have heard #2

just heard today
"i'm buyin an ar 50 cause they will shoot a 5" group at 5000 yards! ya no sh*tin! 1/2 moa thats 5" at 5000 yards. my brother has one and cut a 12" tree in half at over 1200 yards in one shot!! i was out shootin my barrett .308 this weekend at 2000 and gettin 1" groups! most awsome gun ever!":rolleyes:

Mmmm not bad shootin there partner but I reckon the bloke I work with does a whole lot better. He blows 12" trees to bits with his 17HMR at 100metres

After finding a friend that was lost and spent the night on the mountain in Colorado,
He stated that he was not lost but had seen something that he had never seen before.

I had to ask , and he answered "The sun came up in the west this morning" And I ask how
that happened? eagerly awaiting the next stupid answer.

He said it was because we were hunting the continental divide and we were on the wrong
side of it.

After that, I didn't ask him any more questions. (And still haven't).

PS: As The comedian, Ron White says "You Can't Fix Stupid"

J E CUSTOM

Not hunting related, least not that you can shoot at. But Being in Arkansas I have to add this one. "hey! there's a tornado, lets go chase it!!!"

I can see it as a calculated risk for someone who is a meteorologist. But plain stupid for some redneck who just wants to go chase a tornado.

I just read this comment on another site; it reminded me of this post.

A longer barrel helps stabilize heavier bullets. A 1:7 twist in a 14'' barrel will give you 2 full revolutions on your bullet. A 21'' barrel with the same twist will give you 3 full revolutions. The extra length helps stabilize the heavier bullet better.

I hope that person doesn't read this.

I knew a guy who had a 25/06 that shot its bullets at 4,200 fps.

Another guy explained to me that the M16 was so deadly because it's bullets went so fast that if it hit you in the hand it would probably take your whole arm off.

Then there are those who don't like magnums because they shoot bullets so fast that they "zip right through doing very little damage."

Then there are those who say if the bullet is going too fast, it won't have time to expand. Obviously, as a bullet approached the speed of light, it might not have time to do any damage at all.

Hmmm yep. It's all true but the really scary bit is they allow these poeple to have firearms and I do believe these are the same one who give responsible shooters a bad name

I can't verify this story, but it was told to me by a Game Warden in CO last year. Apparently, one of his fellow Game Wardens was checking tags along one of the routes out of Graig, and some dude pulled up with a trailer and a cow elk in the back, his first one ever. When the Game Warden went to check his tag, he found it was attached to a Burro. Apparently, the Game Warden didn't have the heart to tell him, since it looked like one of the wild ones around here, and just sent him on his way.

I'll bet that thing tasted like crap. If you check out some of the pictures of Burros, it seems plausible to me.

A few years ago, some "easterner" shot, tagged and proceeded to the game check station with his first elk. It turned out to be a llama!
And one that was being used as a tender of a flock of sheep. What a stink that caused! The sheep really hit the fan!

Hmmm yep. It's all true but the really scary bit is they allow these poeple to have firearms and I do believe these are the same one who give responsible shooters a bad name

And they are allowed to reproduce also.

J E CUSTOM

Some years back, I think it was '07 a group of local rambos wanted to try deer hunting.
So they went out in their tricked up, kick arse 4x4 and found some tethered goats in a paddock while the kids were there playing in the same paddock.
Good shooting, got the 4 of 'em. Well they did have horns so that would make 'em look like deer

I have a similar one to the rifling statement; this is talking about muzzloaders; how can it be a 1:28 twist when it only has a 26" barrel. No matter how much I tried he couldn't get it.

I used to work with a guy who served over sea in Iraq. He went on to tell me the reason why the military used the 5.56. Well anyway he said he seen where a bullet fired from a m-16 hit a guy in the shoulder and exited his toes.

I like to hear people say every rifle they have shoots one hole at one hundred yards with any box of factory ammo

or a 40 dollar scope is just as good as a 1000 dollar scope

or when people say they sight there rifle in at 25 yards and can hold dead on any animal out to 600 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.